FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
Hey everyone. I'm not sure what happened but these two pots were full about a week or so ago. They just crashed on me. I've never had a problem with Utrics ever. Even my Sandersonii is looking a bit shotty. Does anyone have a clue or even a good guess as to why?

By Hungry Plants
Humidity in the house is anywhere from 40-55 %. They are Nephorphyla and Calycifida. My Fulva, Livida, and Longifolia seem to be doing fine.
By Huntsmanshorn
Hungry Plants wrote: They are Nephorphyla and Calycifida. My Fulva, Livida, and Longifolia seem to be doing fine.
Um yes, I see that now. Hmmm, right there on the tags, imagine that. Perhaps it is time to get those new glasses after all...
Hungry Plants wrote:Humidity in the house is anywhere from 40-55 %.
I don't grow nephrophylla so I won't comment on that one but my calycifida likes things relatively dim and quite humid. I would raise the humidity as much as possible, and if you recently moved it more directly under the light, I would put it in a less intense spot. For the sandersonii it may just be time for a repot. Sniff the soil and if it smells like sulfur then I would suggest a repot in fresh media.
By Hungry Plants
Huntsmanshorn wrote:
Hungry Plants wrote: They are Nephorphyla and Calycifida. My Fulva, Livida, and Longifolia seem to be doing fine.
Um yes, I see that now. Hmmm, right there on the tags, imagine that. Perhaps it is time to get those new glasses after all...
Hungry Plants wrote:Humidity in the house is anywhere from 40-55 %.
I don't grow nephrophylla so I won't comment on that one but my calycifida likes things relatively dim and quite humid. I would raise the humidity as much as possible, and if you recently moved it more directly under the light, I would put it in a less intense spot. For the sandersonii, it may just be time for a repot. Sniff the soil and if it smells like sulfur then I would suggest a repot in fresh media.

I'll give it a shot. It's not a very strong light. Its a twin bulb led shop light. All my Utrics seem to like it. It's about 12"-14" away so I don't think its too strong.
By 1cashew
I unfortunately know nothing about Utriculara but if something like that happened to me I would suspect a soil fungal infection and apply Scott's Disease EX at the suggested manufactures rate (1/4 teaspoon mostly dissolved in water to 49 square inches of pot surface area). I know this product is safe for VFTs as I have used it but....
1cashew liked this
By iamjacksplants
A little late to this one but I just wanted to point out that there very much is a such thing as keeping utrics too wet. They can rot just as easily as anything else. Some even easier than others. The rest of your conditions mentioned seem fine, so you might want to think about watering habits. One other thing that comes to mind is feeding - do you fertilize? Maybe they aren't getting enough energy?

Happy growing!
-@.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!