FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'm soon to be the recipient of some Nep seeds from the seed bank and I'm seeing some conflicting posts. One says keep the media barely moist, like a wrung out sponge. While another says water germination is just fine, the seeds cannot be over watered.
I don't know how fresh these seeds are, but I want to give them the best chance possible. Is there a better consensus on a good method? Water germination is easier for me, but it's not about me.
Thanks in advance,
Chef
By PlanT640847401
for me, I saved a cake container/terrarium from the bakery and then I microwaved spagnum and peat mix with a layer of chopped spagnum and put it in a pot with drainage holes. Then I let it drain out. Finally I put it in the cake terrarium ( without the cake of course ) and put a layer of water on the bottom ridges. Since then they all sprouted and a 2 month old picture should be on the post
Kinbaulu mix sprouted.

hope this helps
PlanT640847401 liked this
By ChefDean
So, in your experience, wet but not swimming. I've got the media (LFS, peat, perlite) and it won't take but a little bit of time to get it ready when the seeds arrive.
Thanks
By ChefDean
Living in Tennessee, humidity won't be a problem most of the year. However, there was a little hiccup, and the Nepenthes seeds cannot be found. However, I will keep this information for the next opportunity to get a Nep or some seeds.
Thank you very much for your help,
Chef

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

Hey all, I wanted to ask about your thoughts on Pr[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning) […]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!