FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By brianeric26
The same guy that i bough my nephentes ventrata like a year ago came back to my town to sell more plants , he had some droseras after talking a little i boughthis little drosera for 5$ buck which for me aint bad ,this one was pretty beautiful compared to other ones, but only one leaf had dews now after a day or so their are gone, what could it be ? She is in a sunny window which minimum humidity 65% and below 85°F also he had some dionea vft and Saracenias and he say they dont need dormacy as they had being acclimated to my island weather (tropical island) which confused me as hell as that dont seem right anyways sorry for the long postImageImage

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-N920A mediante Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
Don't panic.
It can take several weeks for Drosera to get used to conditions in its new home.

Look to the new growth emerging from the middle of the plant for signs that your plant is happy.

Good leaf development, good dew, and Red color on tentacles man everything is perfect.

Green tentacles, Green leaf with no Red means your light levels are a little low.

Undeveloped tentacles, long straggly leaves mean light levels are very low.

Your plant looks like a Drosera spatulata, maybe a Drosera tokaiensis, both prefer tropical to semi-tropical conditions. It should love your conditions as long as it's getting enough light.

Remember the Big3 for growing Carnivorous Plants:
Lotsa, lotsa light...
Very pure water (TDS below 50) rain, distilled, or de-ionized...
Nutrient free acidic growth medium like sphagnum or peat.
By brianeric26
Shadowtski wrote:Don't panic.
It can take several weeks for Drosera to get used to conditions in its new home.

Look to the new growth emerging from the middle of the plant for signs that your plant is happy.

Good leaf development, good dew, and Red color on tentacles man everything is perfect.

Green tentacles, Green leaf with no Red means your light levels are a little low.

Undeveloped tentacles, long straggly leaves mean light levels are very low.

Your plant looks like a Drosera spatulata, maybe a Drosera tokaiensis, both prefer tropical to semi-tropical conditions. It should love your conditions as long as it's getting enough light.

Remember the Big3 for growing Carnivorous Plants:
Lotsa, lotsa light...
Very pure water (TDS below 50) rain, distilled, or de-ionized...
Nutrient free acidic growth medium like sphagnum or peat.
Damm i though it was a capillaris , which is a native spices here , but still happy , anyways yeah only use distilled water and she has a lot of sun and ita on spagnum moss i may move her slowly to full sun if i dont see any developments in the couple montsn

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SM-N920A mediante Tapatalk
By Shadowtski
Most capillaris have a distinct petiole without tentacles.
From your photos, it looks like there is a gradual transition from petiole to lamina.
There are tentacles growing in the transitional area.
That is what I based my best-guess ID on.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!