FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By MercyS
Hello! I'm relatively new to VFT keeping, although I've got other CPs that are doing well so far. I'm in love with the Jaws VFT cultivar, but I'm having trouble finding any plants for sale. Does anyone have a lead on a shop that has them in stock? I'm also open to a private purchase, but I haven't got anything to trade atm. Would love to get my hands on one before the plants start waking up! I'm located in SoCal.
By Cross
I have one, but I'd have to see what the divisions look like. ..it's like a death cluster lol that entire left side is like 30 Tiny traps. I'm going to be pulling the moss apart today or tomorrow. Let me look. Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Cross
9 divisions!!!! Let me see what I can work into a pot for you. I can plant two into one pot. I'll make a post showing them. But you cover shipping (as soon as I figure out that cost) and you can have them. Beware, these are tiny.

By MercyS
Cross wrote:9 divisions!!!! Let me see what I can work into a pot for you. I can plant two into one pot. I'll make a post showing them. But you cover shipping (as soon as I figure out that cost) and you can have them. Beware, these are tiny.
That would be awesome! I look forward to seeing what you can put together for me and I'm happy to pay shipping. It's a relief to not have to try to pot the tiny guys. I've only ever dealt with one really small VFT before and it died after transplantation from the gel it was cultured in.
By Cross
On a side note, I found a tiny sundew in another pot. Want that one as well?ImageImage

By MercyS
Oooh, how'd you know I was looking for another sundew? I've got a drosera spatulata and I was planning to eventually add a drosera capensis to my collection for visual interest. Do you know what kind yours is?

If FedEx works for you, I can send you a PDF shipping label to use.
By Cross
Yeah, fed ex is fine. I don't know what variety it is, just that it appears to be a long leaf variety. So do I just fix the label? I literally so nothing ever lol. Image

By MercyS
Cross wrote:So do I just fix the label? I literally so nothing ever lol.
Yep, just pack the plants, tape the label to the box, and drop the box off at a FedEx location, they'll bill my FedEx account for the shipping. I'll PM you about the label details. Thank you so much! I'm super stoked about adding these plants to my collection!
By ChefDean
Cross, if you're willing to part with a couple more of those divisions, I would be interested.
I've tried 3 different sets of seeds but have only had 1 little sprout, and he's struggling. Maybe seeds aren't my bag as the 2 typicals I have are doing fine, dormant right now, but fine.
Take care,
Chef
By Cross
ChefDean wrote:Cross, if you're willing to part with a couple more of those divisions, I would be interested.
I've tried 3 different sets of seeds but have only had 1 little sprout, and he's struggling. Maybe seeds aren't my bag as the 2 typicals I have are doing fine, dormant right now, but fine.
Take care,
Chef
I sent you a PM. Did you get it?

Cross liked this
Drosera germination time

There are many factors that influence them, and th[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!