FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By CpKid
Hi all,
I've bee interested in Dewy pines recently and would like to grow one, however, I'm not sure where to obtain one online. I'd really like to start with an already sprouted plant, I'd hate to get seeds, wait three months and not have it sprout :? Does anyone know of a reputable supplier?
Thanks! :D
By King Drosophyllum VI
California Carnivores sells them at certain times of the year. I bought one last year and killed it with some high quality professional grade stupidity (I moved it out of my greenhouse to a location where the sun burnt it.
By CpKid
Thanks!
I'll be looking forward to them coming back in stock
By King Drosophyllum VI
Also I forgot to mention that they come in peat pots which need to be planted in a larger pot. They ship them this way because of the sensitive roots.
By CpKid
Thanks,I noticed that when I was looking around their website a few months ago, before I was even thinking about growing one lol.
By Nepenthes0260
I bought one from CC a few months ago, and it's doing great! I wrote a review on it. From my expierience they LOVE light and heat. They should be available from CC in the spring again.
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By King Drosophyllum VI
Can a plant die from lack of space for the roots to grow? My plant was already in bad shape when I moved it. I thought the location would be cooler where I moved it forgetting that the area gets full sun for part of the day.
By CpKid
I'm not sure about that, I've heard that they can die from root disturbance though. I should probably do some research on that if I'm going to grow one :)
By Nepenthes0260
CpKid wrote:Ooo...I can't wait :) Do you grow yours outdoors?
I am currently growing mine inside with a powerfull light above it. It's spoiled in a 16 inch terracotta pot :D. I will put it outside in the summer.
By Nepenthes0260
King Drosophyllum VI wrote:Can a plant die from lack of space for the roots to grow? My plant was already in bad shape when I moved it. I thought the location would be cooler where I moved it forgetting that the area gets full sun for part of the day.
I've heard of many plants dying due to lack of root space. CC says when they arrive in their disposable pott immediatley plant that in their forever pot (usually an extremly large terracotta).
Nepenthes0260 liked this
By King Drosophyllum VI
CC ran out right as I was ordering. I added it to my cart went to check out and then it told me it was out of stock.
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!