FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
I have a wide leaf, so I don't think it's a hybrid. I'm new to sundews. I love the color on your plant. It's gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Painley
D. Tokaiensis is a natural hybrid of D. spatulata X rotundifolia. D. andromeda is prolifera X schizandra. D. hybrida is a naturally cross of filliformis X intermedia.
All of these are pretty common in cultivation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
From what I read I think they are asking specifically about hybrids involving spatulata, and there are plenty of those. First, you can cross pollinate all the different spatulata forms with each other. Successful hybrids between spatulata and: brevifolia, rotundifolia, linearis, anglica, oblanceolata, aliciae, tokaiensis, ultramifica, all are apparently possible. There is probably more.

Also there are a bunch of capensis varieties and spatulata varieties, by crossing any combo of them you can still get variable seedlings even though they are all "capensis x spatulata". Also hybrids are sometimes fertile and you can keep making crosses, that why tokaiensis was mentioned in the list. You can do {(spatulata x rotundifolia) x spatulata} sometimes based on fertility variations and other more complex hybrids like this.
By King Drosophyllum VI
Is a Drosera nidiformis x capensis possibe?

Also is a sarracenia able to hybrid with a darlingtonia? I thought that since they are closely related they might form hybrids.
By CpKid
Hi, I have both these plants flowering in my terrarium, would Drosera Capensis x Adelae hybridize?
By Painley
CpKid wrote:Hi, I have both these plants flowering in my terrarium, would Drosera Capensis x Adelae hybridize?
I believe the three sisters of Queensland can only cross pollinate with eachother. D. prolifera, D. Schizandra and D. adelae.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!