FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
Please tell me this is because dormancy and that in spring it'll pop back up and be fine. Please. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
It is because of dormancy and it will pop back in spring and be fine. Sometimes plants can hold on to their pitchers for longer depending on the plant's vigor and the amount of cold temperature but usually they look like this and often people cut everything on a sarracenia back to the rhizome before spring. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRCr2zELA8

I leave everything on personally, or cut the pitchers halfway leaving everything that's non-brown for a boost in photosynthesis in spring but that's just me. Either way it's normal and alive, and will resume growth in the spring.
By Cross
Thanks you two. I wasn't sure if it was some sort of shipping damage. I don't have much faith in the USPS, especially since he literally threw my package on the porch the sidewalk. I was wondering, how long does it take in spring for the pitchers to regrow?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
Depends on your climate (the faster it gets warm the quicker they will grow) and a bit on the species or hybrid.

Hard for me to say actually...seems like since 2012 I have never paid attention to the growth rate of individual pitchers my sarracenia lol. As a general guideline your plant should look "back to normal" with replacement pitchers towards the end of spring.

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!