FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Anthonyafuk
It looks dry, unhealthy, and doesn't produce any dew. I use distilled water, and peatmoss. Also I plant the sundew indoor, I give a really bright LED and every morning I put the sundew near the window. I keep the moss moist everytime and the sundew still unhealthy, please help me.
Attachments:
IMG_20181222_113023.jpg
IMG_20181222_113023.jpg (3.8 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
By Doublebass1985
t9gear wrote:Cool name. Troll much ?

Lol
Hey anthony'safuk it doesn't look like its dying necessarily, but it won't produce dew because well your light isn't bright enough. You don't need high humidity for them to do the Dew. I believe they have to be under artificial lighting with a minimum amount of PAR and I don't know what that number is sorry, but you haven't quite hit the mark yet. You can try getting the bulb closer ,but more likely your gonna need more lights. A LED grow bulb might do the trick Idk. What kind of bulb are you using now and how far away is it from your plants?
Attachments:
IMAG0649_1.jpg
IMAG0649_1.jpg (460.71 KiB) Viewed 1614 times
Doublebass1985 liked this
By Doublebass1985
I didn't even notice that third plant in the foreground sorry. That's a drosera huh? If the leaves are that brown it might be getting root rot. You might want to dig into your lfm and have a peek. Otherwise Idk maybe a disease? I have no idea ,but I'm leaning towards the roots rotting.
By t9gear
Now that double bass pointed it out I see a sundew. Thought you posting vft pics and calling them sundews with long fiber sphagnum and calling it peat.
Anywho. It might be to close or not enough light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!