FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By sheppyfire87
Hello all!
New member here looking to get a good start into this hobby. I am currently looking for anything really seeds, plants, cuttings etc. I have one VFT now but i want to expand. I still have alot of things to learn, the whole TC thing looks amazing and cant want to dive into it. I have a background with cultivating mushrooms so agar work is nothing new to me. Anyways im rambling on here, i am willing to pay for items though i would like to keep it under 30-40$ range.
Looking forward to meeting everyone!
-T

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
By xanthoparmelia
Greetings. What part of the country are in? FYI - It might not be the best time of year to ship certain type of plants, but there should still be plenty of options.

Anyway, drosera, nepenthes, and pings are pretty popular around here and you shouldn't have a problem finding members who can hook you up. But if you're interested the king of all CPs (Sarracenia, of course), feel free to PM me.
By thefic
Hey there. I’m new to the forums but not to the hobby.

When things warm up a bit I have a ton of Drosera capensis seedlings that I can send your way.

Just let me know. Too cold to ship now though.
By sheppyfire87
thefic wrote:Hey there. I’m new to the forums but not to the hobby.

When things warm up a bit I have a ton of Drosera capensis seedlings that I can send your way.

Just let me know. Too cold to ship now though.
Sounds good to me!

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk
By Fishkeeper
Lowe's often has Venus flytraps, and they occasionally-to-rarely sell Nepenthes. Worth a look!
By Cross
Hey! I live in NE PA. I bought my original vfts from Lowe's. They're in like that hanging garden area, not in the main gardening area. They're pretty weathered too. They're not the prettiest, but definitely not bad at all. I also bought one of their pitcher plant kits and my plant is finally producing cups. Yay. Definitely check out some local stores to see what they have. There's also the seed bank here. I'm sure in spring you'll get a lot of hits for cuttings. I'd offer you some of mine, but I'm not sure I'd cut it right so you could transplant it. I may be able to divisions though. If I can figure out how to ship them without then getting crushed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!