FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Pauladavidmc
I have most of my plants in a greenhouse but I've noticed the water in the saucers gets rather warm.

The plants are thriving and doing well so it doesn't seem to be causing a problem but I'm just wondering if anyone else has thus situation and if there us anything I can do or be on the lookout for?
By Secretariat73
I grow flytraps and sarrs outdoors in Las Vegas. My experience is that when the temp of the water trays begins to exceed 100F while the flytraps are receiving direct sunlight, the flytraps will begin to show sun damage along the margins of the traps and on the cilia (blackened areas). That's when I know I need to relocate my plants to an area receiving less sunlight or add filtered shade. But I am not sure how my experiences would translate to a greenhouse situation or another climate zone.

Haven't noticed an issue with my sarrs yet, so they must be more tolerant of warm water. But when I relocate the flytraps, the sarrs move with them, so I haven't really tested the threshold with sarrs.
Secretariat73 liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!