FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Lorib_nc
Hi there. I've been lurking for a while but decided to join the discussion. I fell in love with a Nepenthes at the grocery store a couple years ago and haven't been able to get enough of them since. I discovered tissue culture from the appendix at the back of The Savage Garden and decided to give it a shot. I've already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to sharing a lot more.

Lori B in NC
By KategoricalKarnivore
Howdy, and welcome. You are aware that a bunch of carnivorous plants grow wild in your state I’m sure. You have got to go check them out if you haven’t already. It’s so cool to see them in the wild.
By Lorib_nc
Unfortunately, the VFTs and sarracenias are about a days drive from here. I've been told there was mountain sarracenia that grew wild here that went extinct in this area. I never heard of it and never saw one. I live in an area where people hate bogs of any size citing that they cause mosquitos. Whenever anyone finds standing water on their land they drain it or fill it in with dirt. If I ever get into a position where I can own my own property I want a swamp. lol. A little utricularia gibba ought to make a quick lunch of any skeeters.
By riveraXVX
welcome aboard! we are out in Greensboro, I know there are some other members scattered around the state also
By EliWhitney3140
I lived in morganton for the first 15 years of my life. Welcome to the board.
By Scfalconry
Welcome to the group. I'm in Greenville, SC. There are a couple sites here with wild saracenia. Not sure how far that is from you. All the VFT seem to be in Wilmington, NC area.

Marty
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!