FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By oval
It would seem roaches like bloodworms/fish food as well as flytraps. I had to shoo one away the other day after it had nibbled part of the trap where the food was partially out of the sealed area. It had also eaten most of the fish food I had sitting out in an open container ready to feed my plants.
Attachments:
100_0857.JPG
100_0857.JPG (1.51 MiB) Viewed 2657 times
By Hungry Plants
WTF! I have never seen a roach do something like that. where do you live? The only roaches that I have here are the ones you really don't want in your house.
By oval
I'm in central Florida. These roaches are getting weird around here - I have gotten rid of most of them, but one or two get in from the garage occasionally and they must be starving because they nibble at things made of soft, flexible plastic like eyeglass nose pads.
By Soy Sauce
New York has rats, now Florida has veracious roaches. WHATS NEXT, Giant bees in Colorado, meet eating gofers in Gorgon, or car-eating squirrels in Texas. :o :o :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:
By DragonsEye
Actually there are some types of roaches that are known to eat the insulation or the plastic coating on wires when hungry.
As far as vegetation goes, many types will do so ... though usually it is soft fruits and tender plant material.
By oval
Soy Sauce wrote:New York has rats, now Florida has veracious roaches. WHATS NEXT, Giant bees in Colorado, meet eating gofers in Gorgon, or car-eating squirrels in Texas. :o :o :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry:
I'm hoping what's next is roach-eating nepenthes! :lol:
By Soy Sauce
I'm hoping what's next is roach-eating nepenthes! :lol:[/quote]

That would be a god send. 8-) 8-)
By oval
Doublebass1985 wrote:I would cut back slightly on your watering schedule. It's very easy to rot rhizomes. I know this has nothing to do with the roaches ,but I'm looking at your media in the background.
It does look really wet - thanks! That picture was taken a while back, it must have been right after I watered. I have since transplanted the whole contents of that smaller pot into a larger, taller pot, disturbing it as little as possible. Now I'm keeping it barely moist as it goes dormant.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Bag them for a month, opening the bag every day or[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!