FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By King Drosophyllum VI
1119181626a-1.jpg
1119181626a-1.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 2519 times
1119181626-1.jpg
1119181626-1.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 2519 times

I bought a U. cornigeria from California Carnivores 3 months ago. It had 2 leaves when I got it but it has gotten smaller. Now it only has one leaf and no new ones are growing. I bought it thinking that it would do well by my window because my U. longifolia and Nepenthes look healthy growing there.
The window gets a few hours of light in the morning. Does it need more sun then U. longifolia?

I have another question that I saw no reason for another post because it isn't urgent: What are the flowering conditions for U. heterosepala? I have had mine for 4 years after I got it when I visited California Carnivores and it hasnt flowered since. I have tried putting it in the shade and in full sun. I flooded it and then let the water evaporate and I even tried growing some as an aquatic as the internet says it likes being submerged in water. It looks very healthy and it grows out of its pot where I can see a lot of traps with tiny crustaceans captured in it. I want to see flowers so I can tell if it is actually U. heterosepala or if another sp grew with it and the U. heterosepala died after (I have had this happen before with U. bisquamata and an unidentified species)
By w03
Just as a heads up, the "U. heterosepala" from CC are definitely misidentified. I talked to some other utric growers who did some snooping (and IIRC, talked to Damon as well) - it's most likely U. smithiana.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!