FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By BradR
Just in case there is anyone out there that is not tired of looking at pics of dormant flytraps.

I took pictures of the exact same tub of flytrap seedlings I had photographed during the active summer growth period, but are now fully dormant for comparison side by side.(I plucked a couple out for TC).
These were germinated from seed in 2007. This is their second dormancy. Notice how the large leaves have turned black and were replaced by smaller ones with deeper colored traps. The dormant traps are only about half open and sluggish.

Closer View

Brad
BradR, BradR, BradR and 3 others liked this
By Dionae
Very nice Brad! Your dormant VFTs are still very beautiful...the red color looks real nice. I'm noticing my lowes VFTs look more like they're dying than going dormant but the VFTs I bought from other places are looking similar to yours...just not as healthy. Thanks for the pics!
By BradR
squirtoman wrote:Wow! It looks like you sprayed them with DDT :lol:
They are fine. That's what dormancy in full sun looks like. Cool weather and bright light. In a couple of months they will explode with new growth.

BTW DDT is a pesticide not an herbicide, so you are right they do look like they were sprayed with DDT (no effect).

Brad

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!