FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Erik Pottas
I just bought four led (6500k) (1480 Lumens) is that too much light for carnivorous plants?( I have a sarracenia, a venus fly trap, a nepenthes, a spatatula, capensis, a sarracenia purpurea)also are my plants healthy ?
Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2366 times
By Hungry Plants
Everything looks good to me. A large part of your plants prefers full sun so not it's not too much. Depending on what kind of Neps the are will depend on how much lights they would like.

Is there a top on your setup or is it open? Most of the plant you have in there don't need high humidity.
By Doublebass1985
Hungry Plants wrote:Everything looks good to me. A large part of your plants prefers full sun so not it's not too much. Depending on what kind of Neps the are will depend on how much lights they would like.

Is there a top on your setup or is it open? Most of the plant you have in there don't need high humidity.

He has lights resting on saran wrap to help seal in moisture. I told him to cut around those lights so he doesn't have any hazards in the future, but Idk if he has done that yet. So no there is no top to this other than his DIY setup.

By Doublebass1985
And Erik I know I suggested for you to use water trays for watering your plants, but I might retract that because of the evaporation rate inside your tank. Stick to top watering method for now unless your plants begin to burn from drying out too quickly you won't need to use tray method for watering otherwise you might start experiencing root rot from over watering and that is something you cannot heal back up to par if you don't notice it for too long.
By Doublebass1985
Erik Pottas wrote:I just bought four led (6500k) (1480 Lumens) is that too much light for carnivorous plants?( I have a sarracenia, a venus fly trap, a nepenthes, a spatatula, capensis, a sarracenia purpurea)also are my plants healthy ?

First off no that's not too much light, your probably around 1/8 of a PAR reading of
what you receive in direct sunlight.
Secondly they look healthy enough they don't look sickly (I'm looking at vft's)

By Erik Pottas
I cut the saran rap around the lights and then put it outside( with lights) so they get little bit of sun. So is that enough light for them to grow even better?
By Doublebass1985
If it's outside in direct sun you won't need supplemental lighting that's only for when it's in a window because the glass filters some of the sunlight. Btw bro just cuz I said you were like 1/8 PAR of direct sunlight doesn't mean I was recommending for you to set your plants outside. If you are going to do that you will have to gradually adjust them to the sunlight because of the increased intensity.
By Erik Pottas
Oh ok then ill move them back inside with new lights that was on sale

https://www.builders.co.za/Lighting/Lig ... 0000578010

Will these be fine for indoors cause the whlie cutting the saran rap i broke a cable now the lights wont work.....so is these lights fine? I planning on putting in two in the terrarium.
By Erik Pottas
I took it to my friends dad(engineer) then he fixed it. Thanks anyways,
By Erik Pottas
Will a light like this work

https://m.takealot.com/#!product?id=54418925

(Description)14W 225 LED Full Spectrum Hydroponic Plant Growing Light Panel Lamp And Hanging Kit

LED Grow light has 225 high powered LEDs that draw 14 Watts of power to nurture your plants with red and blue illumination that will boost their photosynthesis increasing growth and yield. The LED grow light will emit light in the red and blue wavelengths at 620-630nm and 460 to 470nm, these wavelengths correspond to chlorophyll's absorption peaks and will greatly enhance the photosynthesis of your plants. This LED plant light uses just 14 Watts of power and generates very little heat so unlike regular light bulbs, HID lamps or fluorescent tubes which means you can enjoy large savings on your power bill. With a 50,000 hours life span this LED grow panel comes with 4 strong wires and hook for easy, secure installation making it ideal for your greenhouse or living room. With this grow lamp you don't need to have green fingers so it's easy to start your own warm house or plant farm today and earn big buck from fantastic flowers, vegetables and plants

Features:
- LED Hydroponic plant grow light
- 14 Watt power, 225 high power LEDs
- Suitable for fruits maturation and flowers and leaf growth
- Energy saving and environment-friendly
- Easy installation without the need of wiring and space saving
- 50 000 Hours service life

Specifications:
- Power Output: 14 W
- LED Type: 3528 SMD leds
- Colour: Red and Blue
- Wavelength: Red: 620 to 630nm, Blue: 460 to 470nm
- Life Time: Up to 50,000 Hours
- Work Voltage: AC 85 to 264V
- Working Temperature: -20 to 50 Degree Celsius
- Application: Vegetables, Bloom, Warmhouse, Plan factory
- Dimensions: 31 x 31 x 3.5cm

Includes:
1 x LED Grow Light
1 x Mounting Accessories
1 x Power cable

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!