FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
So I was wondering if getting a second lamp would work with these lights. I am space limited, and they will be inside all winter(10-40 degrees outside? So will these bulbs work with this lamp? I can get a second one. I can't do a hanging light. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By Cross
Doublebass1985 wrote:Yes, but you should try to get the 100 w equivalent which should have 1500-1600 lumens. Since you already have those I would suggest trying to get a few more above the plants. Are you just doing this for dormancy? Or do you plan on strictly growing indoors?
Can I use the 100 watt bulbs in those lamps? I'm going just for dormancy. During good temps, or even decent, they will be outside for most of the day and inside at night(skunks love my pants). I'm going to see if I can get a bigger lamp, I just don't know how to set it up with hanging anything (decorative ceiling and walls)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
By Doublebass1985
Yes it's a 100w equivalent so it only produces like 16w. Your standard socket is usually rated for 60-100w incandescent bulbs, but those desk lamps are sometimes rated for 40w Max. If you take out the bulb there should be some info inside your desk lamp stating the capacity for that lamp. Incandescent bulbs are outdated by today's standards ,but since they are still available to buy manufacturer's still have to base their equipment off an incandescent because they are the least efficient.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!