FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By bananaman
So, I just got a bunch of candlestick plant (Senna alata) seeds. This is a tropical tree that can be grown as an annual for flowers in the warmer parts of the US. It grows stupid fast when it’s warm — the plant these seeds were from was about 10 feet tall with a caliper thicker than my wrist. And it’s an annual here — so it was probably planted out in March-ish. If you’re along the Gulf Coast or the warmer parts of California and Arizona, it may be a tender perennial (it sometimes can be perennial here). If you’re in a place with a short growing season, you’ll probably need to start them inside to get flowers.

I don’t know what the viability on these seeds will be like, but I’m gonna give away a generous portion by SASE to three different winners. They’re super fresh (harvested yesterday). This is only open to people in the US.

The seeds (each winner will get about 1/4 of these):
C94BFDB4-ECB1-4C2F-84CA-A93AC49EF2DB.jpeg
C94BFDB4-ECB1-4C2F-84CA-A93AC49EF2DB.jpeg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1871 times
bananaman liked this
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
I they could grow easily in my climate, but can I store them? It's fall right now, and I don't want to start them only for them to die in the winter. And I don't have much space inside where I could grow them.
By bananaman
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:I they could grow easily in my climate, but can I store them? It's fall right now, and I don't want to start them only for them to die in the winter. And I don't have much space inside where I could grow them.
You can totally store them. I’m keeping the seeds in my fridge — just like any other kind of seed.

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!