FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Soy Sauce
I know :o it is early to be thinking about this topic, but I would like to know now. I figured around spring, but when ruffly? My plant isn't going to go into dormancy due to what I believe is better for it because it is new and was Very sick and dying. So if it isn't going into Dormancy, when should I put it in a bigger pot. And for future reference or if I am told that my plant should go into Dormancy, when should the plant be re-potted after dormancy. And the pot it is in, isn't going to cut it for the plant for next year, it is to small for the plant Now and dose not have the right potting material.
By bananaman
I like to repot at the end of January, which is 4-6 weeks before they begin to come out of dormancy here. In your climate, 4-6 weeks before the end of dormancy will be quite a bit later than it is here.

How bad is the media? If it’s truly awful, I’d repot now. It is possible to have success repotting during any time of the year, but doing it right near the end of dormancy minimizes the impact on the plant.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
bananaman's advice is good. Also remember that you don't have to repot every year. With some good quality soil, you won't have to repot until 2-3 years.
By Soy Sauce
I live in zone 5 with constant cold. I'm expecting this year to be really bad. From your words I'll repot before winter ends. But I'm not planing on putting my plant into dormancy due to bad health. So if that is the case then when should I repot if my plant isn't going into dormancy.

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Brushes For Pollination

I just use Q - tips and they work pretty well for […]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

(Canada) Y's Exotics Group Order

Hosting this on the CPSC Forums (although you don'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!