FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Trapper Kay
SundewWolf wrote:I don't think you will need much luck. I have three regia all growing well, which I grew from seeds obtained from another member here sometime this spring. I pretty much had them in moist sphag for the first 3 months before I fed them anything. Just sitting in a water tray no extra humidity. Two of them have 5 inch leaves by now. They get a fish pellet soaked in maxsea every 3 weeks.

I tried buying adult regia plants 3 times before this and they all acted weird and died no matter what I tried. These current ones just sit inside under lights and sometimes I forget to water them. I think with seeds the benefit is you can pick the most vigorous ones to keep and then those are less prone to dying. I have a half-sized seedling that is the same age but I will probably throw it out. If I was mean I could sell the "runts" on eBay which would fail eventually...I wonder if that's what other people did. Maybe I am just paranoid....
Nice! Ok I’ll probably wait 2 more months before I start feeding them. Do you soak the pellets in a 1/4 per gal diluted maxsea? Thanks for mentioning that, I will probably use the same method since I’ve heard of people folliar spraying their D. regias with diluted maxsea.

Ya maybe I’m just paranoid since this is the first carnivorous plant I’m growing from seed (maybe not the smartest move) but I do enjoy it :)

Thanks!
By iamjacksplants
Good luck!

I don't see too many growers from California on here. Depending on how close you are to LA, you might want to check out the LACPS meeting. It's a great group and worth a drive in my opinion. The next meeting is a week from today.

Happy growing!
-@
By SundewWolf
Trapper Kay wrote:
Nice! Ok I’ll probably wait 2 more months before I start feeding them. Do you soak the pellets in a 1/4 per gal diluted maxsea? Thanks for mentioning that, I will probably use the same method since I’ve heard of people folliar spraying their D. regias with diluted maxsea.

Ya maybe I’m just paranoid since this is the first carnivorous plant I’m growing from seed (maybe not the smartest move) but I do enjoy it :)

Thanks!
whoops, didn't see the reply until now. I would say I use about 1/2 tsp / gal, but of course the standard recommended concentration is safer. Yes, I soak the pellets in it and then feed it to my regias.
By Trapper Kay
iamjacksplants wrote:Good luck!

I don't see too many growers from California on here. Depending on how close you are to LA, you might want to check out the LACPS meeting. It's a great group and worth a drive in my opinion. The next meeting is a week from today.

Happy growing!
-@
Well they have been doing great so far! Lost one but I have 3 growing well. I live in LA so I will be going to the meetings (if time allows me) lol
By Trapper Kay
SundewWolf wrote:
Trapper Kay wrote:

Thanks!
whoops, didn't see the reply until now. I would say I use about 1/2 tsp / gal, but of course the standard recommended concentration is safer. Yes, I soak the pellets in it and then feed it to my regias.
Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll start to soak the pellets this week since they are all big enough now

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!