FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By camsdad66
Hi all,
Been growing CP (mostly Sarracenia) for 25+ years. Collection has grown substantially, due to dividing, and acquiring more plants, of course!! I don't feel like I have time and energy to keep up with this many plants year after year. Although I know late winter/early spring might be a better time to sell, I'm gonna gauge interest at this time of year and see how it goes. (I live down south in Louisiana, so some plants haven't entered dormancy yet). Depending upon how it goes, will post a rough list of what I have to offer. Probably looking to sell approximately 50-75 rhizomes. Prices will be fair and reasonable. I don't really have anything rare or exotic, but I do have some nice healthy plants, some I have been growing since the early 90s.
Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
I'm definitely interested. It would be a bit better if you could sell them when they're dormant but I'll still buy them. I could also trade if your interested but I don't have much.
By camsdad66
Hi Sphagnumfromhell,
Probably wouldn't be interested in trades, as I am looking to thin out the herd! However, not impossible if you have something I'm looking for. I'm light on S. flava, they don't like our scorching summers here in my experience. As such, I've lost a few. Same with Purps, I have lost what many consider to be an indestructible plant...LOL.
I would be willing to wait a month or two for the plants to be in dormancy, although I don't really think it would be an issue for you. Let me know. Thanks.

By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
camsdad66 wrote:Hi Sphagnumfromhell,
Probably wouldn't be interested in trades, as I am looking to thin out the herd! However, not impossible if you have something I'm looking for. I'm light on S. flava, they don't like our scorching summers here in my experience. As such, I've lost a few. Same with Purps, I have lost what many consider to be an indestructible plant...LOL.
I would be willing to wait a month or two for the plants to be in dormancy, although I don't really think it would be an issue for you. Let me know. Thanks.

Come to think of it. I wouldn't mind getting a sarracenia in the fall. I from my observations they seem to be hardy enough plants, and it probably doesn't matter. But I am wondering about the heat tolerance of Sarracenia. What are your summers like? Because if my summers are anything like yours ( up to 103 degrees for weeks on end) then I probably wouldn't want any Flavas or Purpureas. So what are your more heat tolerant Sarracenia from your experience?
By camsdad66
Hi again S.F.H.
I find that most of the hybrids (even those containing flava or purpurea) are very hardy and heat tolerant due to a trait known as "hybrid vigor". I have same temps as you, maybe hotter.... I think we had heat waves in the 110° degree range for extended periods this summer. Also, we had an unusually dry summer with near drought conditions. The puzzling thing to me is I had 2 nice Purps growing side by side in same media, pots, top dressing, etc. Yet, one died back to only one growth point, and it's "sister" is doing fine! Go figure! My only theory in general on this is that some of the Sarracenia start dormancy or at least slow down growth sooner than others, therefore may be prone to rot if kept too wet and hot.....only a theory! Sorry for long answer, once I get rolling it's hard to stop!

By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
camsdad66 wrote:Hi again S.F.H.
I find that most of the hybrids (even those containing flava or purpurea) are very hardy and heat tolerant due to a trait known as "hybrid vigor". I have same temps as you, maybe hotter.... I think we had heat waves in the 110° degree range for extended periods this summer. Also, we had an unusually dry summer with near drought conditions. The puzzling thing to me is I had 2 nice Purps growing side by side in same media, pots, top dressing, etc. Yet, one died back to only one growth point, and it's "sister" is doing fine! Go figure! My only theory in general on this is that some of the Sarracenia start dormancy or at least slow down growth sooner than others, therefore may be prone to rot if kept too wet and hot.....only a theory! Sorry for long answer, once I get rolling it's hard to stop!Image

Thanks. I don't mind long answers. I tend to make them myself too :lol: I'll send you a PM in a little while.
By camsdad66
Hi all,
Bumping my post, gonna give some more specific info for anyone interested.

S. x "Readii" (Leuco x Rubra)
I have tons of these, need to get rid of some. Will let them go for $10 medium, $15 large. (Discount if you want more than 5).

S. (Leuco x Flava) "Mooreana"??
I have several of these, mostly full grown flowering size plants. Will let them go for $18 large, $12 medium.

S.alata (typical green form with light red veins)
Been growing this plant for 25+ years!
$15 large, $10 small.

S. (Purpurea x Flava)
Have a few available.
$18 large, $12 medium.

Will post some new photos of what the plants currently look like soon.

Will throw in bonus plants with all orders to sweeten the deal.
Need to thin out the population!
Thanks!

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!