FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Rachel8T4
desenhasra26 wrote:Awww! I hope they recover

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk
Thank you desenhasra26, I'm sure they will :) If they can survive Bunnings Hardware, they can probably survive just about anything lol
By squishieface
wow love ur set up.. im new to cp’s and vary interested.. is that a glass bowl or plastic. and do u use a drain at the bottom of it?
i was ganna make my 28g bio cube tank into a bog but after reading up. i would be better off doing some thing like this. where i can move it to out side n inside.
By Rachel8T4
squishieface wrote:wow love ur set up.. im new to cp’s and vary interested.. is that a glass bowl or plastic. and do u use a drain at the bottom of it?
i was ganna make my 28g bio cube tank into a bog but after reading up. i would be better off doing some thing like this. where i can move it to out side n inside.
Thanks so much :D It's a glass bowl (though not ideal as it may get a bit hot in the sun). There are no drainage holes, but a layer of charcoal, pebbles and coarse sand at the bottom. I water it via the little pond in the middle which is lined with plastic with a few toothpick holes punched in it. I have just made 2 larger ones in fibreglass pots that look like rusty metal, I'll post some pics once they get more established (I stray cat flipped one over last night and I had to replant the whole thing this morning). Just remember that wet peat is pretty dam heavy, so the larger you go the heavier they get lol. If you are keen to have a go, I put a step by step tutorial on my website you can check out;
http://www.studio8t4.com/make-a-mini-ca ... og-garden/
By squishieface
allsome ty for info . gl must been a heavy ass cat lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Rachel8T4
squishieface wrote:allsome ty for info . gl must been a heavy ass cat lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries at all :D
Yep a big Tom cat - It was on a pot stand and he must have tried to jump into it :o
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!