FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Fieldofscreams
I got this guy about 3 weeks ago. It came potted in a 2" pot or so. Peat/perlite/sand mix it looked like for the media. I re potted in a FTS 12oz cup because it was vacant. Wish i got pics because the rhizome on this guy was super TINY. It was like a tooth pic, yet it had HUGE traps though, looked weird like that. So i kept him under my glass patio table and then slowly gave him direct sun starting at an hour a day up to 3 and now im just going to leave him out there with the rest. Ill update as he grows. Im confident his roots have re-established so that they are able to take in water.

Last edited by Fieldofscreams on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlyTrap Hunter
Fieldofscreams wrote:I got this guy about 3 weeks ago. It came potted in a 2" pot or so. Peat/perlite/sand mix it looked like for the media. I re potted in a FTS 12oz cup because it was vacant. Wish i got pics because the rhizome on this guy was super TINY. It was like a tooth pic, yet it had HUGE traps though, looked weird like that. So i kept him under my glass patio table and then slowly gave him direct sun starting at an hour a day up to 3 and now im just going to leave him out there with the rest. Ill update as he grows. Im confident his roots have re-established so that they are able to take in water.

You are going to need a bigger pot

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
I'm going to take updated pics soon, it's a completely different plant now.
By Big-Jack
Great comeback. Flytraps are more resilient than most people give them credit for. (as long you follow a few simple rules)
By FlyTrap Hunter
Fieldofscreams wrote:Image
6 weeks later. Nice job. Go on and put it in a bigger pot. Give it room to grow. You will be amazed this Fall.Image

By FlyTrap Hunter
Fieldofscreams wrote:Nah I'll leave it alone and repot them and all the others next spring.
Ok. Be stubborn. Live and learn

By tommyr
Glad to see it springing back! Good job!
By Fieldofscreams
Not sure why i should re-pot it?

Its in the middle of the growing season and its far from over crowded (one young adult plant + a tiny division in a FTS 12oz cup) and they are doing great. Why would i want to disturb that?
By tommyr
Fieldofscreams wrote:Not sure why i should re-pot it?

Its in the middle of the growing season and its far from over crowded (one young adult plant + a tiny division in a FTS 12oz cup) and they are doing great. Why would i want to disturb that?
Leave it, it's got enough room until late winter/ early spring re-potting season.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!