FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By spatzel
Hi everyone,

I recently ordered some Drosera Derbyensis seeds, which after a week began to sprout. It's been about a month since the seedlings first sprouted and I'm beginning to question if the seeds I received were really Drosera Derbyensis seeds. The seller seemed to be reputable and had good reviews, but I've never grown any type of carnivorous plant from seeds, so I have no idea what to expect.

I've included a picture of the seedlings, could someone please take a look and let me know if they are in fact Drosera Derbyensis? Here is the link:https://i.imgur.com/af4Q18I.jpg?1

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
By KategoricalKarnivore
Definitely not any type of Drosera. Who is this so-called reputable seller? Because I’d get my money back from them.
By spatzel
unfortunately, they were from China :( I bought them off amazon and figured that the seeds were going to be shipped form the US. Oh well, guess you learn from your mistakes.

thank you for your help guys!!!!
By nimbulan
Yeah unfortunately Amazon doesn't make it very clear when purchasing items sold by third-party sellers where the item is shipping from. You can usually tell by the estimated shipping time (it'll be a couple weeks at least from China) or by looking at the seller's profile.
By ChefDean
[quote="spatzel"]unfortunately, they were from China :( I bought them off amazon and figured that the seeds were going to be shipped form the US. Oh well, guess you learn from your mistakes.[i/quote]

Don't feel bad, I got taken too. I bought "real and authentic" seeds for D. Derbyensis, an unnamed Nepenthes hybrid, and a blue Flytrap, (yeah, I know, blue Flytraps don't exist) all from China. Thank goodness I only spent $6 total. Then I found this and other forums full of supportive carnivorous plant enthusiasts willing to share their knowledge and passion.
You're in the right place now.
Chef
By thenewwwguy
what reputable seller did you think it was? amazon seeds are usually fake

plus it’s generally very obvious when something isn’t a drosera seedling: it starts making tentacles very early on as a sprout
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!