FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Trip81
Hi I left my sphagnum moss in a bag in a sunny location in a bag but it lost all it's color is it dead? I think it might have gotten too much sun. Also is there a way to bring it back to life if it's dead?
Attachments:
Pls help
Pls help
20180912_154518.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2429 times
By Trip81
Huntsmanshorn wrote:You left it out in the sun in a sealed bag? What was the temp outside?
yes it was in a sealed bag and the temp outside today was like 77 degrees fahrenheit
By riveraXVX
just put it in a shaded spot for indirect light, we keep one tray of ours outdoors - covered (with a little venting) and we built a frame out of PVC for two sides of it and attached some random white fabric we cut off of a sheet to make two "walls" to serve as a shade cloth.

our other live sphag is in a 20G aquarium, covered in a SE facing window (its not deal there but waiting to get our lighting setup for winter and it will stay under there permanently)

our moss dries to more that color if the water gets too low just add more water/hydrate it, keep giving indirect light it seems to do fine for us and I put ours through the ringer outdoors in the heat/sun this summer experimenting how to actually get it to grow
riveraXVX liked this

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!