FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By FoXTro
So I moved to the new house, and there was not enough sunlight by the window sill. So I moved them to the lamp, and they started to grow a bit faster than my other house?! My other house had a window sill, and gets direct sunlight, but the difference is that this house has humidity and nice heat, and my other house has no humidity, but heat (not a lot) So could a lamp work? I'm using a lamp until I get a grow light for them.
By That one plant boi
If you're talking about a desk lamp, then I wouldn't use that. Desk lamps wouldn't be able to provide enough light to grow healthy flytraps. I would try to give it as much direct sunlight as you possibly can.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By FoXTro
That one plant boi wrote:If you're talking about a desk lamp, then I wouldn't use that. Desk lamps wouldn't be able to provide enough light to grow healthy flytraps. I would try to give it as much direct sunlight as you possibly can.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
I didn't use a desk lamp. just a lamp with good light to light up a whole room.
By KategoricalKarnivore
The type of lamp doesn’t matter. What matters is the bulb you put in it. What plants are you growing under it and what bulb is in it? I use 100 watt 6500K CFLs for some plants and they work just fine.
By FoXTro
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The type of lamp doesn’t matter. What matters is the bulb you put in it. What plants are you growing under it and what bulb is in it? I use 100 watt 6500K CFLs for some plants and they work just fine.
To be honest, I don't know what bulb it is, but some how the plants are growing fine and heathy under it.
Help! Fungus on VFT seeds!!

Pics would help. That being said, I've never had a[…]

Another Pest ID

There are quite a few caterpillars and that ilk th[…]

No, they were still very small and fragile looking[…]

Cephalotus with a white "ghost" trap

wow amazing, thanks for sharing!

P. Lutea Leaf Pullings

Hi Ben, I've been trying to work with the US warm[…]

Thanks alot everyone @Shadowtski I got it already[…]

Trade for Pings

Thanks guys for the interest. I have everything m[…]

Received SASE today. Thank you

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!