Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here
User Avatar
DeathMob

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Thanked: 2 times in 2 posts

Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by DeathMob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:03 am

I am wondering about this. I know that they can eat spiders and if the plants are outside they can handle themselves, but what about spider cocoons? I’m sure that there is a cocoon with meat in it if you stick some tweezers in it and see if there is any meat that she may have saved for later. What do you guys think?
~Jake~

User Avatar
Fieldofscreams

 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Thanked: 228 times in 211 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by Fieldofscreams » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:01 pm

Insects aren't meat.

I don't know what you mean by meat inside the cocoon that she is saving for later.

I don't think spiders put anything inside their egg sacks, just eggs.
Mistakes were made

User Avatar
DeathMob

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Thanked: 2 times in 2 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by DeathMob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Fieldofscreams wrote:Insects aren't meat.

I don't know what you mean by meat inside the cocoon that she is saving for later.

I don't think spiders put anything inside their egg sacks, just eggs.


Dude, most spiders first numb their victims, then they cocoon them in their spinweb and save them for later. She cocoons them so they won’t get away and stay fresh. She doesn’t eat all of her prey right away. She will eat them when she is good and hungry. After she eats her cocooned prey it will be hollow like some sort of shell.

Egg sacks usually look like white fluffy cotton balls hanging on several strands of webbing.
~Jake~

User Avatar
Fieldofscreams

 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Thanked: 228 times in 211 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by Fieldofscreams » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 am

And what species of spider does that?
Mistakes were made

User Avatar
DeathMob

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Thanked: 2 times in 2 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by DeathMob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Fieldofscreams wrote:And what species of spider does that?


If you YouTube spiders cocooning prey or google it you’ll find out what species. Besides haven’t you seen eight legged freaks? Or Lord of the rings? We’ll spoil alert those spiders cocooned people and one hobbit to be eaten. Did they survive? Well that’s for you to find out.
~Jake~

User Avatar
_-SphagnumFromHell-_

 
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm
Thanked: 103 times in 88 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by _-SphagnumFromHell-_ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:54 am

Fieldofscreams wrote:Insects aren't meat.


Yes they are. Meat is considered to be the muscle of an animal. Insects are animals, and have muscles, so they have meat, even if it is really small and encased in a exoskeleton.

User Avatar
Fieldofscreams

 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:14 pm
Thanked: 228 times in 211 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by Fieldofscreams » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Just because insects have muscle (only one kind BTW) does not mean that they break down and decompose the same way.

Don't believe me? Put a dead grass hopper next to a chunk of beef about the same size and observe them for a month. Bet you wont think its the same thing anymore after doing that.
Mistakes were made

User Avatar
_-SphagnumFromHell-_

 
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 6:02 pm
Thanked: 103 times in 88 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by _-SphagnumFromHell-_ » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:10 pm

Fieldofscreams wrote:Just because insects have muscle (only one kind BTW) does not mean that they break down and decompose the same way.

Don't believe me? Put a dead grass hopper next to a chunk of beef about the same size and observe them for a month. Bet you wont think its the same thing anymore after doing that.


Ok well, that still makes it meat. That's like saying a toad isn't an amphibian because it doesn't have slimy skin like a salamander. Things under the same category can still have differences, as long as those differences don't contradict the criteria for that category.

The following users would like to thank _-SphagnumFromHell-_ for this post
DeathMob

User Avatar
DeathMob

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 12:26 am
Thanked: 2 times in 2 posts

Re: Feeding Sarracenia spider cocoons

by DeathMob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:59 am

_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:
Fieldofscreams wrote:Just because insects have muscle (only one kind BTW) does not mean that they break down and decompose the same way.

Don't believe me? Put a dead grass hopper next to a chunk of beef about the same size and observe them for a month. Bet you wont think its the same thing anymore after doing that.


Ok well, that still makes it meat. That's like saying a toad isn't an amphibian because it doesn't have slimy skin like a salamander. Things under the same category can still have differences, as long as those differences don't contradict the criteria for that category.


Exactly, they both bleed don't they? They have guts and ogans and a tiny brain. So what if they decompose at different rates. Also get a bunch of grass hoppers in a bag or something and open it in a week or so what do you smell? Decay!!! They are not considered a vegetable. LMAO!!!!
~Jake~


Return to Pitcher Plants

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests