FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hurrikale
Hello! I received the Venus fly trap seeds I ordered from Shopee and I don't know if it's real Venus fly trap seeds or other plant's seeds. Please take a look at the image below, and I personally think it's Basil seeds because when it touches water it has a layer of white soft skin. Thanks! ImageImage

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
Hurrikale wrote:Hello! I received the Venus fly trap seeds I ordered from Shopee and I don't know if it's real Venus fly trap seeds or other plant's seeds. Please take a look at the image below, and I personally think it's Basil seeds because when it touches water it has a layer of white soft skin. Thanks! ImageImage

Don't listen fluffy ever! No I don't think those are fly trap seeds. They are very similar but doubt it

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
Hurrikale wrote:Hello! I received the Venus fly trap seeds I ordered from Shopee and I don't know if it's real Venus fly trap seeds or other plant's seeds. Please take a look at the image below, and I personally think it's Basil seeds because when it touches water it has a layer of white soft skin. Thanks! ImageImage

Why don't you stick to a creditable source like Fly Trap Care and you won't get ripped off. There are lists of other good sites to get your Fly Traps and other carnivorous plants from on this web site.

By Hurrikale
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:

Why don't you stick to a creditable source like Fly Trap Care and you won't get ripped off. There are lists of other good sites to get your Fly Traps and other carnivorous plants from on this web site.

Thanks for your reply that's what I think too it looks too fake to be real. Obviously I'm not from USA can I order it for a good price? Thanks again!

By riveraXVX
looks fake to me too, they look too large and not the right shape. they should have no white skin that sheds in water either.
By Hurrikale
When they turn white the shape is round so I'm more confused now because Basil seeds don't have round white skin

By FlyTrap Hunter
Hurrikale wrote:When they turn white the shape is round so I'm more confused now because Basil seeds don't have round white skin

So put that behind you and get some good Venus Fly Trap seeds. There is a list of reliable carnivorous plant companies on this site and you can always PM or email Matt and Leah and see if they can ship to wherever you are. They have a international store also. You wouldn't be disappointed with anything you purchase from them. I wish you luck.

By Sundew boy
If the picture of the flytrap is some weird colour like blue for instance or if the seeds are not sesame shaped or the product description has the word 'bonsai' . Its fake

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!