FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By LS_Kuro
This is the one with the sack D':
This is the one with the sack D':
InkedIMG_20180801_155904611_LI_2.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
Hey everyone I've been a fan of this forum for a while since I started recently caring for Venus Flytraps, but this is my first post sorry for my bad english I'm not english native, right now I have some problems with my succulents and I'm not sure what to do :(, today I noticed there were some black dots coming out from the succulent leaves, it has like a huge hole and you can see it's totally empty inside. And there's another succulent of mine that has like a little sack of yellowish black eggs I'll attach the photos so you can see.

I got some insecticide (organic special for plants) and sprayed the succulents, the eggs kinda fall off and I think landed in the soil and the whole leave kinda shrunk and got peeled off easily.

I kinda removed the sack as well but still has some blackish yellow eggs inside the crown of the succulent. But my question is should I cut the damaged leaves? and the damaged crown? I'm scared they will hatch at some point or something I don't even know if they are actually dead I mean I understand that cutting the damaged pieces will make it look ugly but I rather have that, than a ton of whatever the hell those are, or my succulents die :(. If anyone knows what kind of eggs are let me know please I want to know if the insecticide will work or not.
Attachments:
After cleanning with the insecticide :(
After cleanning with the insecticide :(
IMG_20180801_155937624.jpg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
This is the one that had the eggs coming out
This is the one that had the eggs coming out
IMG_20180801_155925318.jpg (2.89 MiB) Viewed 1627 times
By m80torpedo3
I would cut the damaged crown off. Succulents are tough it will just force it to branch out when it starts growing again. You can use any undamaged leaves from the crown to start new plants.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!