FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By carelerasmus
This post's sole purpose is to warn people who want to get into carnivorous plants about all the fake sellers out there! I'm not sure if this post will help anyone , but it's a topic that makes me absolutely furious! So to any beginners out there who want to get into carnivorous plants, please... I beg of you...do not try to order seeds or plants for very cheap prices from unknown or non trustworthy sellers... I can give you a 99% promise that its a scam! I've never done it myself, but after growing carnies for over a year now, and doing extensive research on these plants, I can easily promise you that those "blue flytraps" you ordered will NOT be flytraps... When a seller calls the product a venus flytrap drosera bonsai, you should know something is up..
So there is my warning! Rather stay to trusted sellers like flytrapstore.com or any other well known site! I promise you that the little extra cash you spend will supply you with REAL .... ACTUAL carnivorous plants.... Beware of ads and sellers like in the following photos...

For the more experienced growers, I added the second photo so you can have a laugh at those silly descriptions and "color varieties" ImageImage

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
carelerasmus liked this
By ZeGamingCuber
Matt wrote:
ZeGamingCuber wrote:lol those images are so fake
I think the images are very real! The color of the flytraps in the images though...well, that might not be so real ;)
THAT’S WHAT I MEANT!
By promethean_spark
I've had pretty much 0% luck with seed from sites like amazon. Ebay is better, but collectors in chatrooms like this are by far the best source of seed and plants. The guy with 3000 posts has a reputation to maintain too. I've only grown CP's a few years, but I've been growing cacti for 16 years and found the situations to be much the same.
By ZeGamingCuber
promethean_spark wrote:I've had pretty much 0% luck with seed from sites like amazon. Ebay is better, but collectors in chatrooms like this are by far the best source of seed and plants. The guy with 3000 posts has a reputation to maintain too. I've only grown CP's a few years, but I've been growing cacti for 16 years and found the situations to be much the same.
Huh? EBay has way more scams than amazon because anyone can sell things on EBay

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!