FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By alanmota2004
I would like to say to everyone that I'm am deeply sorry for how I behave lasted year and almost tearing this amazing community apart ik this apology is late but I wanted to say it since I returned to the forum about 3 months ago I'm very sorry for making many people leave this site because of how I was but I was young and very dumb but I matured now and plus I don't want to leave this site because I finally found a place where I can consider in a way home I hope you all can forgive me.Also here's to many more amazing years to this amazing site
By t9gear
I’m pretty sure many people didn’t leave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By alanmota2004
t9gear wrote:I’m pretty sure many people didn’t leave

I hope not
By Boss-52
Alright then, but take a chill pill. I highly doubt you were “tearing the community apart”. It wasn’t being torn at the seams by your behavior, I’m guessing you just annoyed some people. If it were an actual problem I’m sure you’d see a ban, or something in similar nature from the admins.

By Fishman
Alanmota, I dont typically respond to posts anymore after last years barrage of attacks you sent me via pm. It was totally vile and uncalled for. In fact because of that situation, it was one of the biggest reasons I decided to stay away from FTC forums. In case you havent noticed, I rarely, if any at all partake in any conversations here anymore. It has simply taken the fun out of it for me. Simply because I do not care to be a part of it. Perhaps after some time maybe, but right now I just happened to see your post when I was looking at the seedbank inventory. Little do you or anyone else here know, I am still the highest contributor to the seedbank here. YES, I still prowl around waiting for you to run out of seeds, so that I can selflessly decide to send more in to Mike so that you guys dont run out. I have NO desire to argue, as I am a 42 year old man and I simply do not care to debate, or fight about whatever has gotten under someones thin skin. I also do not partake in name calling. Moderator, super user, or not, I am simply a regularly ranked member who used to want to help others, and I had a genuine concern for people. I also used to be a semi-adviser here whenever I felt like someone wasn't getting their question answered in a timely manner, I'd chime in. But not after last year. Granted, Matt, and his lovely crew took care of that. Still it simply wasn't enough to make me want to come around. I have put thousands of hours and years into growing a collection with plants that many people have never even seen, and probably never will. Had that not occurred last year, you probably could have even been getting plants or seeds from me personally. Although you have already said what you pm'd to me, and yea it pissed me off, I forgive you. I forgive you because little does anyone here in this forum realize (with the exception of a couple people whom I wont mention) that I am by nature a nice person. I'm also a funny person. I like to laugh, I like to cut up. I dont take life too seriously. With that being said, I did not come here to make friends, or impress anyone. People are either with me or they're not, that's fine and I really do not care. I'm a well educated person and I'm not spending my life defending my words, or my actions. If I made a friend out of you that's great. If I have offended you, well that's great too. Either way with me. I also had another incident a year and a half ago not involving you, where I feel as though I was made to look like a bad guy, where another grower who was involved with me at that time decided to pump a bunch of gossip about me into a friends ear, and I feel as though it costed me a very valuable friendship between me and my friend that meant alot to me. Some things you just cannot get back or take back. Truth is, I've moved on in this hobby, growing stuff that hardly anyone has that I'm aware of. One day I'd like to share it. But In order to do so, I cannot stay pissed off at the world, otherwise I'll have nowhere to share it, except in my carnivorous plant FB groups that I'm an admin of. I have PLENTY of people here in THIS forum who can back me up 100%, but I do not need them to. Look Alanmota, you my friend have a plethora of valuable information here on this forum at your fingertips waiting to be absorbed and put into good use. Use it wisely.
I have decided to give you the good ol digital handshake since you're not here, and I'm not there obviously. And yes those who do NOT know me, you probably came after I left. I was not the only one who did leave, there were 3 others whom I still talk to to this day on daily basis. So for your apology, I thank you.
Good growing,
Fishman, Fishman, Fishman liked this
By alanmota2004
Well it seemed like and thankd
Boss-52 wrote:Alright then, but take a chill pill. I highly doubt you were “tearing the community apart”. It wasn’t being torn at the seams by your behavior, I’m guessing you just annoyed some people. If it were an actual problem I’m sure you’d see a ban, or something in similar nature from the admins.

By alanmota2004
Thanks man
Fishman wrote:Alanmota, I dont typically respond to posts anymore after last years barrage of attacks you sent me via pm. It was totally vile and uncalled for. In fact because of that situation, it was one of the biggest reasons I decided to stay away from FTC forums. In case you havent noticed, I rarely, if any at all partake in any conversations here anymore. It has simply taken the fun out of it for me. Simply because I do not care to be a part of it. Perhaps after some time maybe, but right now I just happened to see your post when I was looking at the seedbank inventory. Little do you or anyone else here know, I am still the highest contributor to the seedbank here. YES, I still prowl around waiting for you to run out of seeds, so that I can selflessly decide to send more in to Mike so that you guys dont run out. I have NO desire to argue, as I am a 42 year old man and I simply do not care to debate, or fight about whatever has gotten under someones thin skin. I also do not partake in name calling. Moderator, super user, or not, I am simply a regularly ranked member who used to want to help others, and I had a genuine concern for people. I also used to be a semi-adviser here whenever I felt like someone wasn't getting their question answered in a timely manner, I'd chime in. But not after last year. Granted, Matt, and his lovely crew took care of that. Still it simply wasn't enough to make me want to come around. I have put thousands of hours and years into growing a collection with plants that many people have never even seen, and probably never will. Had that not occurred last year, you probably could have even been getting plants or seeds from me personally. Although you have already said what you pm'd to me, and yea it pissed me off, I forgive you. I forgive you because little does anyone here in this forum realize (with the exception of a couple people whom I wont mention) that I am by nature a nice person. I'm also a funny person. I like to laugh, I like to cut up. I dont take life too seriously. With that being said, I did not come here to make friends, or impress anyone. People are either with me or they're not, that's fine and I really do not care. I'm a well educated person and I'm not spending my life defending my words, or my actions. If I made a friend out of you that's great. If I have offended you, well that's great too. Either way with me. I also had another incident a year and a half ago not involving you, where I feel as though I was made to look like a bad guy, where another grower who was involved with me at that time decided to pump a bunch of gossip about me into a friends ear, and I feel as though it costed me a very valuable friendship between me and my friend that meant alot to me. Some things you just cannot get back or take back. Truth is, I've moved on in this hobby, growing stuff that hardly anyone has that I'm aware of. One day I'd like to share it. But In order to do so, I cannot stay pissed off at the world, otherwise I'll have nowhere to share it, except in my carnivorous plant FB groups that I'm an admin of. I have PLENTY of people here in THIS forum who can back me up 100%, but I do not need them to. Look Alanmota, you my friend have a plethora of valuable information here on this forum at your fingertips waiting to be absorbed and put into good use. Use it wisely.
I have decided to give you the good ol digital handshake since you're not here, and I'm not there obviously. And yes those who do NOT know me, you probably came after I left. I was not the only one who did leave, there were 3 others whom I still talk to to this day on daily basis. So for your apology, I thank you.
Good growing,
By Fishman
You're very welcome. This is the way things should be. This hobby is too enjoyable for enemies.
If you ever need anything, pm me.
Fishman, Fishman liked this
By alanmota2004
Fishman wrote:You're very welcome. This is the way things should be. This hobby is too enjoyable for enemies.
If you ever need anything, pm me.
OK will do
By twitterglitter
Alanmota2004, I don't know if you remember me or not. I did respond to you a couple of times last year hoping you would stop your behavior before it escalated into what it did.

I do hope you are sincere about coming back into the community and being a productive member. Keep in mind that trust has to be earned and after all that went down, some members will be harder to earn that from than others.

Personally, I forgive you, but I will be keeping an eye out.[WHITE SMILING FACE] I may not be the best grower here, or the most talkative, but I love this place. I hope you grow to love it here too, and learn all you can from this great group of people.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
twitterglitter liked this
By alanmota2004
twitterglitter wrote:Alanmota2004, I don't know if you remember me or not. I did respond to you a couple of times last year hoping you would stop your behavior before it escalated into what it did.

I do hope you are sincere about coming back into the community and being a productive member. Keep in mind that trust has to be earned and after all that went down, some members will be harder to earn that from than others.

Personally, I forgive you, but I will be keeping an eye out.[WHITE SMILING FACE] I may not be the best grower here, or the most talkative, but I love this place. I hope you grow to love it here too, and learn all you can from this great group of people.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
I am.sincere and I do my best to try to give back and help with the community
By hollyhock
I truly hope that you have "grown up" and will be a contributor to this community of growers. I do however have my doubts about your intentions since all I have seen is you asking about the seed bank for free seeds and entering giveaway posts. :roll:
I am not a fan of yours and like was mentioned before you would really have to be great to ever earn my trust and respect...you should be very grateful that you were even allowed back here...that's all.
hollyhock, hollyhock liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!