FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
boarderlib wrote:Nothing like dragging up year old topics.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
whoa! yep hahaha i totally missed that
By boarderlib
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Nah that's definitely a Venus Flytrap. I've been growing them for 10+ years and all seed grown plants look like that.
10 years? There's no point in lying about your experience. Growing these plants for 2 or 3 years successfully is something to be proud of, if in fact that is even a true statement.
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Hello everybody. I am an intermediate grower who's been growing a Venus flytrap for about 2-3 years, and have just gotten a new one yesterday.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Topic started May 28th of this year.

riveraXVX wrote: whoa! yep hahaha i totally missed that
What I've noticed is some people try getting their post count up, so they search through and drag dead topics up. Then the veterans reply trying to help.

By Kwient
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Nah that's definitely a Venus Flytrap. I've been growing them for 10+ years and all seed grown plants look like that. After a while they will instantly transform into a Venus Flytrap. It just takes some patience. :ugeek:
boarderlib wrote: 10 years? There's no point in lying about your experience. Growing these plants for 2 or 3 years successfully is something to be proud of, if in fact that is even a true statement.
I have noticed some people overreading the Jokes and obvious intended exaggerration

But Maybe that is on purpose to get their post count up Image
Last edited by Kwient on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ApgarTraps
boarderlib wrote:What I've noticed is some people try getting their post count up, so they search through and drag dead topics up. Then the veterans reply trying to help.
I wish I were that clever!

I did it because I'm a BONEHEAD and didn't even look at the date.

:oops:

Sorry 'bout that...
By Big-Jack
boarderlib wrote:
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Nah that's definitely a Venus Flytrap. I've been growing them for 10+ years and all seed grown plants look like that.
10 years? There's no point in lying about your experience. Growing these plants for 2 or 3 years successfully is something to be proud of, if in fact that is even a true statement.
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Hello everybody. I am an intermediate grower who's been growing a Venus flytrap for about 2-3 years, and have just gotten a new one yesterday.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Topic started May 28th of this year.

riveraXVX wrote: whoa! yep hahaha i totally missed that
What I've noticed is some people try getting their post count up, so they search through and drag dead topics up. Then the veterans reply trying to help.

I think many newbies to the forum end up replying to the related threads at the bottom of the page without realizing how old some of them are. I personally don't have a problem with it. Gives them a chance to throw in their 2 cents which may be from a new and different perspective than the previous replies. On a slow moving timeless hobby forum (vs a fast moving current events forum for example) it is better to do a search and revive a dead thread and continue it than start a new thread on the same subject and rehash everything all over again IMHO.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Kwient wrote:
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:Nah that's definitely a Venus Flytrap. I've been growing them for 10+ years and all seed grown plants look like that. After a while they will instantly transform into a Venus Flytrap. It just takes some patience. :ugeek:
boarderlib wrote: 10 years? There's no point in lying about your experience. Growing these plants for 2 or 3 years successfully is something to be proud of, if in fact that is even a true statement.
I have noticed some people overreading the Jokes and obvious intended exaggerration

Yeah I was joking there. I felt a little facetious on that day. :D
By Kwient
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:
Yeah I was joking there. I felt a little facetious on that day. :D
Offc, and I and many others liked it :)
By boarderlib
Kwient wrote:

Don't forget the other option of it being some little punk who hides behind the anonymity of a keyboard and a computer screen. You know the ones. The one who would never have enough coconuts to stand up and say that stuff to someone's face, because they know they wouldn't be speaking long before they were spitting up chiclets ImageImage

By Kwient
boarderlib wrote:
Kwient wrote:

Don't forget the other option of it being some little punk who hides behind the anonymity of a keyboard and a computer screen. You know the ones. The one who would never have enough coconuts to stand up and say that stuff to someone's face, because they know they wouldn't be speaking long before they were spitting up chiclets ImageImage

Yeah,
Big mouth and strong words but only from behind his keyboard. Trying to scare people with always a bit threatening words. Pathetic dont you think

I think he just doesnt understand on which forum he subscribed and also he misses that part of the brain where humor is processed.
Poor guy

How are your CP’s doing btw?
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Kwient wrote:
boarderlib wrote:
Kwient wrote:

Yeah,
Big mouth and strong words but only from behind his keyboard. Trying to scare people with always a bit threatening words. Pathetic dont you think

I think he just doesnt understand on which forum he subscribed and also he misses that part of the brain where humor is processed.
Poor guy

How are your CP’s doing btw?
Is this in reference to me?
By Kwient
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote:
Is this in reference to me?
Definitely not, dont worry.
Last edited by Kwient on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!