FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Imnewtothis
I purchased a drosera online and I’ve had it for around a week now. When it arrived it was completely out of the pot and it had a lot of dead leaves. So I reported it into long strand sphagnum moss. The crown is now completely black and most of the leaves have fallen off or had a dying stem. There are only around two leaves remaining with little to no dew on them. Any help as to how I can save it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
By SundewWolf
If the crown is black the sundew is over with. Best you can do is cut the green leaves off and try water propagation. Many sundews successfully propagate with this method. You pretty much just float some leaves in distilled water in a ziplock or test tube a few inches away from a light and after a few weeks small sundews appear on the edge of the leaf. There are some tutorials on this forum about that method and probably videos of it on youtube. It may also possibly regrow from the roots, so don't toss it out just yet. I had an albino venusta completely die and i kept it a bit drier for a few weeks and a new plant is popping up from a slightly exposed root. (Also you may want to contact the seller about a refund/replacement since they packaged it poorly).
SundewWolf liked this
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!