FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By stevelau1911
Here's my SD Kronos shortly after being split up on April 7th, recovered and stabilized on May 5th at 4 weeks old.

Now it has been 11 weeks since it has been cut up into pieces, and they many of them have formed many traps by now on June 23rd, all from a single plant which was mostly dormant at the time. They are only at most 2/3 inch traps, but have come a long way since being split apart.

Here's the flower stalk also making a strike
By stevelau1911
It has now been another 4 weeks since my last update, and now, they are up to 15 weeks since being separated, and there are over a dozen plants of varying sizes, almost everything already formed into traps, even the flower stalk with 2 strikes. After taking these photos, I further separated out some of the clumps with multiple plants.

Almost certainly, many of these plants should develop traps over an inch in length, and fill out the pot. There's already 1 trap at the bottom of the first picture up to the 1 inch mark.

Flower stalks do strike.

Here's the 1 incher, and the 2 bottom ones may surpass that, and this is the top part of the entire piece of rhizome so it never had to slow down much in size.

Rhizome chunk with 2 strikes.

Leaf pullings with smaller traps

Middle part of rhizome which only make 1 strike

ETC divisions

Here's the DCXL in a slightly smaller pot, but with far more developed traps. When they get this big, it's important to prevent traps from completely shading out smaller ones.
By stevelau1911
It started with 1 large rhizome piece as shown here on April 7th.

I separated it into 4 pieces, and have since then separated them a couple more times including the flower stalk giving me 12 divisions now, and 17 growth points of varying sizes with the biggest plants about the same mass as the divisions in the following picture when I initially separated the plant into separate rhizome parts. Every single leaf pulling or piece of rhizome that was separated managed to strike with this plant so I'm finding that it propagates quite easily. Based on the appearance of your plant, and how my dcxl has grown, we are headed into the hottest months of the year so by October, these modest sized plants should be massive.
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!