FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
Got a bunch of little projects going, but super psyched to have seen this bloom. My first flower out of many! Tag along Utric so I am not sure the exact ID.

Either way, a flowering plant is a happy plant.
Attachments:
Taken 01/30
Taken 01/30
IMG_7190.JPG (704.4 KiB) Viewed 3124 times
By Mawy_Plants
Growth via grabs, gifts, and germination since my last post. It's barely been a year since I began growing these bug eaters!

Greatly enjoying the process of it all. Lost a plant or two due to brain farts, along with some dried up seedlings and failed attempts at strikes. Taking note of observations and making adjustments. Moving around certain plants to locations with more desirable conditions and minimal need of attention now with the weather getting even warmer!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my love of these plants in one way or another. You guys are the best! :D

I'll get around to updating my grow list one of these days... Though there's lots of room being occupied, they're mostly little things.

Enjoy looking!
Mary
Attachments:
Propagation station! Drosera seedlings/ leaf/ root cuttings and Dionaea seed
Propagation station! Drosera seedlings/ leaf/ root cuttings and Dionaea seed
IMG_1654.JPG (2.67 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
Nepenthes and Sphagnum bin in the SE portion of the backyard
Nepenthes and Sphagnum bin in the SE portion of the backyard
IMG_1655.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
Moss cultures, Nepenthes cuttings, a few more Drosera, Sarr seedlings, and an Utric
Moss cultures, Nepenthes cuttings, a few more Drosera, Sarr seedlings, and an Utric
IMG_1647.JPG (2.83 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
Drosera galore and little Dionaea!
Drosera galore and little Dionaea!
IMG_1645.JPG (3.18 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
Dionaea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, and a Drosera Binata
Dionaea, Sarracenia, Cephalotus, and a Drosera Binata
IMG_1648.JPG (3.04 MiB) Viewed 3013 times
Mawy_Plants liked this
By FlyTrap Hunter
Mawy_Plants wrote:Growth via grabs, gifts, and germination since my last post. It's barely been a year since I began growing these bug eaters!

Greatly enjoying the process of it all. Lost a plant or two due to brain farts, along with some dried up seedlings and failed attempts at strikes. Taking note of observations and making adjustments. Moving around certain plants to locations with more desirable conditions and minimal need of attention now with the weather getting even warmer!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to my love of these plants in one way or another. You guys are the best! :D

I'll get around to updating my grow list one of these days... Though there's lots of room being occupied, they're mostly little things.

Enjoy looking!
Mary
What type of d. Capensis is blooming?
Your ever expanding Collection has left me speechless

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By Mawy_Plants
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:What type of d. Capensis is blooming?

Hey FTH, thanks!! You have added a good bunch to my collection so big ups to you for you've helped expand it!

As for the D. capensis, I would say it's a red typical? That one pic I sent you some weeks back was the winter color. I wouldn't have guessed it was a red when I received it! I'm going to harvest the seed and see what I get.
By FlyTrap Hunter
Mawy_Plants wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:What type of d. Capensis is blooming?

Hey FTH, thanks!! You have added a good bunch to my collection so big ups to you for you've helped expand it!

As for the D. capensis, I would say it's a red typical? That one pic I sent you some weeks back was the winter color. I wouldn't have guessed it was a red when I received it! I'm going to harvest the seed and see what I get.
Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

By Mawy_Plants
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

Haha. Let's hope the pods actually have seeds in them!

As for the Sarr, just typicals I rescued from Home Depot last September. A few have said one is likely a purpurea hybrid. I updated my thread of em with a couple pics.
post303601.html#p303601

I have S. purpurea in cold strat that I'll be able to take out in two weeks! Excited to get those going, though I've read they are one of the slowest Sarracenia so it may be a while. :lol:
By FlyTrap Hunter
Mawy_Plants wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Cool. You will have a billion capensis seeds. What is the beautiful red pitcher plant? I am hoping to get a Purpura or hopefully some seeds soon.

Haha. Let's hope the pods actually have seeds in them!

As for the Sarr, just typicals I rescued from Home Depot last September. A few have said one is likely a purpurea hybrid. I updated my thread of em with a couple pics.
post303601.html#p303601

I have S. purpurea in cold strat that I'll be able to take out in two weeks! Excited to get those going, though I've read they are one of the slowest Sarracenia so it may be a while. Image
Mawy you can send me a baby ImageImageImage

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!