FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
I saw 2 patches of Venus Fly Traps and a patch of Carolina yellow jackets pitcher plants on the side of the road today as I was driving home. I was too lazy to stop today. Plus it's on a highway and not a lot of room on the side of the road so dangerous. But it would be cool if I could get a close up picture. It is literally in a swamp. I can't tell you how happy that made me.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:I saw 2 patches of Venus Fly Traps and a patch of Carolina yellow jackets pitcher plants on the side of the road today as I was driving home. I was too lazy to stop today. Plus it's on a highway and not a lot of room on the side of the road so dangerous. But it would be cool if I could get a close up picture. It is literally in a swamp. I can't tell you how happy that made me. Image

Not great pictures. Yellow pitcher plants. I went out this morning to get pictures. I still don't know about the fly traps yet. They could be Daisys but I doubt it. There was not a safe place to park.ImageImageImage

FlyTrap Hunter liked this
By FlyTrap Hunter
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:I saw 2 patches of Venus Fly Traps and a patch of Carolina yellow jackets pitcher plants on the side of the road today as I was driving home. I was too lazy to stop today. Plus it's on a highway and not a lot of room on the side of the road so dangerous. But it would be cool if I could get a close up picture. It is literally in a swamp. I can't tell you how happy that made me. Image

Not great pictures. Yellow pitcher plants. I went out this morning to get pictures. I still don't know about the fly traps yet. They could be Daisys but I doubt it. There was not a safe place to park.ImageImageImage

Different spot but same general area. I have found 4 locations so far. It's very swampy and they are growing in live Sphagnum. And they are also growing in peat moss and sand. This is Onslow county. ImageImageImageImageImage

By FlyTrap Hunter
camsdad66 wrote:Stunning photos! So nice to see these amazing plants in their natural environment. May not always be that way, sadly. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
There's actually a daycare building going up across the street and a taco Bell 2 lots away. It looks like it's out in nowhere but it is in a commercial business area and will definitely be developed. I would like to see more natural areas dedicated to saving the wildlife but that would mean helping nature conservancy or something like that.
There is a state park/walking trail close to the plants and maybe I can see about getting a small CP garden growing. I don't see why not. I just need to find a boggy spot on the trail. The trail is within a half mile from these plants. LoL I would have to have permission but it is worth checking into.

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!