FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By KStap18
Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me ID the type of d. filiformis. I probably should have asked the folks at the San Diego Carnivorous Plant Society when I bought this during the Fiesta Botanica Event at Balboa Park this weekend, but I wasnt aware there are different types. Thanks!Image
By Huntsmanshorn
Drosera filiformis var filiformis "Florida All-Red". Nice plant, easy to grow and more cold tolerant then you'd think.
By KStap18
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Drosera filiformis var filiformis "Florida All-Red". Nice plant, easy to grow and more cold tolerant then you'd think.
Okay thanks! I had a feeling but I wanted to get a second opinion! Outside in zone 10 should be good for it right?
By KategoricalKarnivore
The name has been recently changed to Drosera filiformis var. floridana. They will do good in your area just keep them wet at all times. They don’t require a dormancy like other filiformis varieties but will go dormant if temperatures drop low enough.
By KStap18
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The name has been recently changed to Drosera filiformis var. floridana. They will do good in your area just keep them wet at all times. They don’t require a dormancy like other filiformis varieties but will go dormant if temperatures drop low enough.
Oh nice! I had no idea. Thanks for the info!
KStap18 liked this
By Huntsmanshorn
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The name has been recently changed to Drosera filiformis var. floridana.
Interesting! So they finally got around to giving it an official moniker. Huh. Thanks for the info!
By KStap18
She's flowering! Glad I was able to catch this! Image
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!