FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Hello. I have recently tried to propagate Venus flytraps from the flower stalks of my existing plants. I was cutting them off and thought I might as well try so I gave it a go. The first stalk was around 1-2 inches or around five centimeters and I cut it in half and laid it on long fiber Sphagnum moss in a small pot. I let the other stalk grow up to around 3 inches or 7.6 centimeters and stuck it right into the center of the pot. I then took the whole thing and put it in a deep tray of distilled water and wrapped plastic wrap on the top and set it on a windowsill that gives around 3 hours of direct sunlight near the end of the day. The plastic wrap allows the tray to get up to 85 degrees Fahrenheit or 30 degrees Celsius and keeps it really humid. So far I've had the whole setup for about 2 weeks now and no active growth has shown. One of the smaller cuttings has turned completely black and I've pretty much lost hope for both of them while the bigger, upright cutting has blackened near the top. Any suggestions for my cuttings? Will this setup yield success and if not what can I do for it to work? Thanks. :) (Sorry for the sideways pictures)
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 1313 times
IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0904.JPG (2.34 MiB) Viewed 1313 times
IMG_0905.JPG
IMG_0905.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 1313 times
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!