FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Nickrober
Congratulations Veronis. They made it farther than I expected (or wanted) them to.... which has brought me to an all time low point, brought me to say this... Go Yankees!!!
By Veronis
English Springer wrote:A blowout after the Dodgers had their chances..oh well, the Phillies deserved to win and will be trouble for the AL team...
Congrats Kelby!

Peace!
E.S.
I hope so. This year is gonna be crazy.

Nickrober wrote:Congratulations Veronis. They made it farther than I expected (or wanted) them to.... which has brought me to an all time low point, brought me to say this... Go Yankees!!!
Rofl, nice.

Thanks Nick and Dave. I really hope the Yankees finish off the Angels. The Yankees and Phillies are old old rivals, and the Mets are the Phillies' current big rival, so with the Yankees fans plus all the refugee Mets fans filling the stadiums, it would make for a very interesting world series.

Any of you guys keeping up with this thread have a favorite baseball player? Tell us who and why.

Jayson Werth (the guy with the grunge rocker soul patch ;) ) is my favorite player and he hit two homers last night, a 3-run and a solo, so I'm ecstatic about the results of last night even moreso. I was wearing my Irish Phillies Werth shirt too (Phillies shirt with a shamrock on it - I'm Irish on both sides of my family).

Why do I love Werth so much; because he's a power hitter? Actually, his game skills have very little to do with it, but it would be hard to cheer for a benchwarmer I suppose.
1) About a month or two ago he hit a foul ball into the stands and a guy got it, and handed it to his very young daughter while the crowd cheered. She, not understanding the significance, threw the ball into the field. Her father looked like he just got struck by lightning for a second, then he smiled and hugged her. After hearing about this, Werth personally sent them a baseball that was autographed by the entire team.
2) In his own words, he's "just glad to be playing" when he was asked about his signing with the Phillies in 2006/2007 - he had a near-career-ending bnroken wrist injury in early 2006 while playing for the Dodgers and was picked up by the Phillies after that season as a FOURTH right fielder; he worked hard to get himself into shape and now he's a starter. Charlie Manuel believes in him, and even after being 1 for 10 at bat in the series, Manuel kept him in the game. Good thing he did.
3) He loves fishing. ;)
4) He looks like a guy I would have hung out with in high school (and I could have - he's 1 month and 20 days younger than me).
5) He is a great ball player.

Carlos Ruiz is my second favorite; when I played baseball I was primarily catcher.
By Nickrober
My favorite player is without a doubt Matt Diaz. He is easily the most underrated player in all of Major League Baseball. .310 career batting average, pretty good. Plus he's funny and nice, not stuck up like some baseball players.

He is incredibly fun to watch. He will move around in the box as the pitchers winding up. He'll crowd the plate and as the pitch comes move back in the box and hit the ball to right field. He's just such a good and entertaining baseball player.
By KruperTrooper
PHILLIES PHEVER!!!!

Phillies are gonna own the Yanks. They should just give us the trophy now.

2 words for Yankees fans "Mike Napoli", enough said :lol:
By Nickrober
Well looks like it will be Yankees vs. Phillies in game 1 on Wednesday.

The Angels really fell apart in the 8th with 2 errors to pretty much put it out of reach facing Mariano Rivera.
By Veronis
I almost forgot to post in here - GO PHILLIES!

Last night's game was awesome. Lee is a ninja!

By Matt
I have to admit I enjoyed the game last night. Any time the Yankees lose, it's a good day in my opinion. I thought for sure Sabathia would have a better outing than Lee, but I was pleasantly surprised. Lee was very entertaining to watch and that spike curveball is amazing!
By English Springer
I am still bummed that neither of my teams made it and can not bring myself to root for the Yankees..
I will admit that Lee looked very impressive last night, almost unhitable.

I hope that tonight's game will be just as good.

Congrats Kelby.
Peace!
By Veronis
Good game.

So much for that sweep, Nick. ;)
By Nickrober
Yeah, very good game. Glad it's tied.

The best part of this World Series: Getting to listen to Ozzie Guillen talk about something nobody can really understand during the postgame show.
By Veronis
That was a good game. Yankees put some good hits into left field at the end of the game that spelled our doom (dammit Brad...).

Cliff Lee comes back tonight, and Howard finally seems to be coming out of his slump.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!