FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Lukebart02
I will attach a picture but I had to repot my Nepenthes Ventrata bc it was too big for the pot it was in and I noticed 3 small growth points sticking up from the moss. I really hope that I didn’t kill them by reporting my plant. I left them to let them keep growing. Can you guys help by giving me some basic information on when I should cut them from the mother plant to re pot them and how to do that when the time comes!? :D
Attachments:
1 of the bigger growth points. 1/2 inch long
1 of the bigger growth points. 1/2 inch long
image.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 497 times
By tannerm
Lukebart02 wrote:I will attach a picture but I had to repot my Nepenthes Ventrata bc it was too big for the pot it was in and I noticed 3 small growth points sticking up from the moss. I really hope that I didn’t kill them by reporting my plant. I left them to let them keep growing. Can you guys help by giving me some basic information on when I should cut them from the mother plant to re pot them and how to do that when the time comes!? :D
After they’re big/developed enough to form and hold multiple pitchers without dropping them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tannerm liked this
By Shelilla
Tannerm is right. Also even if you have killed them, ventrata grows like a weed; you'll have plenty more in no time, popping up out the wazoo. Mine likes to pop out growth points on stalks that have been (what I thought was) dead for months, great plant that grows like crazy. You'll have no troubles with growth points on this species.
Shelilla liked this
Drosera regia Help!!!

What are your temps day and night?

SASE in the mail. Thank you.

SASE in the mail. Torpedo away!

Welcome! Glad to have you here :D

And, because it was id'd by the source, the extra […]

Happy to be here!

Welcome!!!

Close up flytrap pics!

Nice!

A few 2020 sarr pics

Great looking Sarracenia! I've just started expan[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!