FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By marklius
Hello!

I am looking to develop as large of a collection as I can, for the next growing season, and would like to do from small plants.

I can receive Neps now but would prefer to wait until the beginning of next grow season for everything else. Am willing to trade or pay cash in return.

Anyone out there have a log of little guys? :)

Thanks in advance!

Mark
By Matt
marklius wrote:those are perfect, but how well do you think that they will ship and acclimate right now?
I've been selling them like crazy from the store. I don't have any concerns about them acclimating because I ship them potted.
marklius wrote:Have they been growing outside and if so, in what state please?
The ones just out of tissue culture have been growing indoors under lights to harden them off from being in jars. You won't even need to provide them with dormancy if you don't want to. The other ones have been outside in my greenhouse (Ashland, OR) and are already pretty much dormant.
By marklius
I am going to have to put them all outside basically right away.
If you think they'll acclimate ok, I will take your word for it and hopefully this will be the beginning of a good thing! :)

Any other babies, aside from baby Dcapensis?

Ill put my order in shortly :)
By Matt
The tissue culture plants would probably be ok if you put them outside. They're pretty healthy little monsters. But if you're going to put them outside, I'd recommend just getting the 1 year olds. They've been hardened off to the cool nights here and are already mostly sleeping. The tissue culture babies are putting out vigorous new growth right now and are in mid-summer form.

I do have some other babies. I have quite a few Drosera (capensis red, capensis white, dielsiana, tokaensis) but most of them I don't have for sale on the site right now. I also have some Sarracenia and Darlingtonia babies, but I haven't really thought about selling them yet.

If you want a few Drosera, I could enable them on the site for you to purchase. I have them in stock, but I just don't have a ton of them and I repotted them recently, so some of them look a little roughed up.
By marklius
Ok...if you want to make for sale, whatever babies you have available, i will go and order in a few minutes.

I would rather purchase them all now and have them wake up already acclimated to NYC and ready to repot, than to buy in March and then have to waste weeks due to shipping and re potting shock.

Thanks for the info on the baby VFTs.
Let me know when I should take a look at the store and buy? Will keep eye on forum for next 20 mins or so?
By Matt
marklius wrote:I can only find the small vfts?
how are the other babies labeled?
They're all in the Drosera category. They're not really babies, but full grown Drosera. In terms of pots full of babies, those VFT ones are the only ones I have and I don't know of anyone else on the web that sells pots like that.

I thought you were wanting to order full grown sundews. Sorry about that. I got confused.
By marklius
Went through everything and placed a $150 order until I realized that it won't precess credit cards, which is the only way i make online purchases :(
Do you plan on making this option available at any point?
By Matt
marklius wrote:Went through everything and placed a $150 order until I realized that it won't precess credit cards, which is the only way i make online purchases!
I just started the store about 3 weeks ago and I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking credit cards directly. I figured nowadays almost everyone has a PayPal account due to eBay. I guess not! :o Sorry about that.

Depending on many things, I will likely accept credit cards in the future, but unfortunately it's just not worth the extra work and cost for me to set it up right now since PayPal is so easy and almost everyone online has an account.
By Nickrober
You can create a paypal account and enter your credit card into it. So, basically you're paying with your credit card, but through paypal.
By Matt
Nickrober wrote:You can create a paypal account and enter your credit card into it. So, basically you're paying with your credit card, but through paypal.
I thought that this was possible Nick. Thanks for confirming it.

This is cross posted from another forum. Apologies[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!