FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Mawy_Plants
Began to sow some seed tonight, I finally got around to opening this little present and they're crushed. I'm crushed. Lol.

Anyway, let's see if the only intact one decides to live to tell the tale... Trying out water germination with natural sunlight on a (mostly east) SE facing windowsill and controlled temperatures rarely dipping below 58F.
Attachments:
I will survive! Taken 01/27
I will survive! Taken 01/27
IMG_7139.JPG (814.1 KiB) Viewed 2291 times
By Fly Trap Hunter
the one that is intact isn't in that pile is it because I don't think there is anything in that. I got 2 packs vft seeds crushed also. whoever sends them needs to pad them somehow. The post office machines crush them. :cry:
By KategoricalKarnivore
I can send you a pack of 20 or so. PM me. I always go into the post office and tell them I need to send it as 'non-machinable' that way they don't get crushed. It's like 70 cents. You can always ask the seller to do that for seeds.
By Mawy_Plants
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:the one that is intact isn't in that pile is it because I don't think there is anything in that. I got 2 packs vft seeds crushed also. whoever sends them needs to pad them somehow. The post office machines crush them. :cry:
Little guy is hiding to the bottom left. Didn't want to associate with his pulverized kin. Hahaha. I'm sorry yours were crushed! I threw the whole pile in water since I figure it might be the best way to germinate one seed at this point.

KategoricalKarnivore wrote:I can send you a pack of 20 or so. PM me. I always go into the post office and tell them I need to send it as 'non-machinable' that way they don't get crushed. It's like 70 cents. You can always ask the seller to do that for seeds.
Far out! Thanks KK, really appreciate your generosity. I've received a SASE with "Hand Sort" written on it so maybe that's another way to avoid crushed seed. I wonder if they have a separate pile for non-machinable letters since I'm sure it's protocol to just toss everything in. Bleh, from now on will definitely request some extra protection. Thanks again!
Mawy_Plants liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
hey i sent you 2 pms but they are saying stored. ? let me know if you got them
By jasonh
Just sow them all, the ones without seed coat may still survive, Dionaea seeds are just easy to germinate without any treatment... I got at least 80% germination rate last time

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!