FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By PiranhaPlanter1
I sowed a batch of 100 january 10th, only 1 and a clump of 2 germinated and developed nice the rest were not viable.
I sowed a batch of 400 in 2 seperate pots March 14th and as of this morning I have results and I'm sure plenty more to come within the next few days.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:I sowed a batch of 100 january 10th, only 1 and a clump of 2 germinated and developed nice the rest were not viable.
I sowed a batch of 400 in 2 seperate pots March 14th and as of this morning I have results and I'm sure plenty more to come within the next few days.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Looking good. You will likely get a lot more to germinate. Good luck

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
By PiranhaPlanter1
Here's a recent update. I meant topmost this one 2 days ago. had to sneak in the seed grown traps. Now you can actually see the 3. 2 are completely red and the other looks like G16 up close all the traps on that one have deep red colouration but green leaves. Should be interesting to watch grow. Oh yeah and it's hard to see but theres more newly sprouted seedlings that are hard to see in the pictures due to my amateur photography (; ImageImageImage

By penatrap
Aww the seedlings look so cute. Too bad I only buy mature plants because I'm too impatient to wait 3 years for a VFT to grow. :lol:
Hope they grow well!
By PiranhaPlanter1
I kept it ubeveb because ibwant to replicate a natural environment. The bottom is all half silica sand and peat miss is on the ither half, and it isnt muxes together.
The next layer was 70 percent silica sand and 30 percent peat moss all thebway to the top. Then i added silica around the top layer to add a natural look as well as give the seeds a better chance at rooting themselves properly. They get all day sub too so im assuming thats why the bigger ones got to that size so quick. I also only guess that the silica intensifies the sunlight enabking the green parts just above thebrhizome to receive sunlight as well.
Melle wrote:Nice one!
What soil recipe do you use for the seeds?
Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
PiranhaPlanter1 liked this
By PiranhaPlanter1
penatrap wrote:Aww the seedlings look so cute. Too bad I only buy mature plants because I'm too impatient to wait 3 years for a VFT to grow. Image
Hope they grow well!
I went all out this time, i cant justify how expensive people price their seeds at and its a smack in the face to get 10-15 per packet for almost a buck each. Considering the germination rate is meh, but thats just my opinion lol. If you want seeds i reccomend buying from across the globe.

By FlyTrap Hunter
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:
penatrap wrote:Aww the seedlings look so cute. Too bad I only buy mature plants because I'm too impatient to wait 3 years for a VFT to grow. Image
Hope they grow well!
I went all out this time, i cant justify how expensive people price their seeds at and its a smack in the face to get 10-15 per packet for almost a buck each. Considering the germination rate is meh, but thats just my opinion lol. If you want seeds i reccomend buying from across the globe.

Those are looking great. Congratulations. You can get cheap seeds from forum members sometimes if they ship to Canada. There are other Canadian forum members also. And the FTC seed bank has free vft seeds sometimes.

By PiranhaPlanter1
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:
Hope they grow well!

Those are looking great. Congratulations. You can get cheap seeds from forum members sometimes if they ship to Canada. There are other Canadian forum members also. And the FTC seed bank has free vft seeds sometimes.

As far as my knowledge goes nobody is willibg to go through the trouble even if i fork out the money.

By PiranhaPlanter1
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
PiranhaPlanter1 wrote:I went all out this time, i cant justify how expensive people price their seeds at and its a smack in the face to get 10-15 per packet for almost a buck each. Considering the germination rate is meh, but thats just my opinion lol. If you want seeds i reccomend buying from across the globe.

As far as my knowledge goes nobody is willibg to go through the trouble even if i fork out the money.

Sorry im still feeling a bit funny from my awesome night i forgot to say thank you for your kind words. To be honest when i did the seeds this time i tried to pay less attention to them only misting daily with all day sun. The way i kept then from drying out was by using deep enough pots, a great uneven mix that i experimented with and deep trays of water. If the sun comes out today i might just post another update.

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!