FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By DeaNyx420
I'm new to forums as well as carnivorous plants. I've caught on pretty quick to growing CPs and have found a passion for it. I currently have two 2600 lumen CFL bulb for my light set up, I would appreciate any tips and tricks on good lightening set ups!

The CPs I currently have are as follows:

Drosera:

•Sp. Lantau Island (x4)
•Capensis (x3 + numerous seeds and cuttings I've been attempting to germinate and propagate)
•Madagascar (x1)
•Binata (x1)
•Capillaris 'Emerald's envy' (x1 + cuttings I'm attempting to propagate)

Nepenthes:

•Ventricosa (x1)
•Ventrata (x1)

I live in a Zone 5a so the majority of my gardening is indoors within the limited space of a spare storage room but I make the best of it.

I look forward to interacting further with you all and to expanding my collection and learning more!!

Happy New year's everyone! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
By Tryner78
Hello! There is a lot of kind and knowledgeable people on the forums, some of which you may have met already. Looks like you have a nice collection started already. Welcome to the forums! :)
-- Tommy
By DeaNyx420
hollyhock wrote:Welcome to the forum family. It looks like you do have the "knack" for growing. Nice collection of healthy looking plants and great pictures.. :D
Thank you so much! I do absolutely everything I can for these babes so I certainly appricate them looking good! I love photographing them as a trade off!

By DeaNyx420
Tryner78 wrote:Hello! There is a lot of kind and knowledgeable people on the forums, some of which you may have met already. Looks like you have a nice collection started already. Welcome to the forums! :)
-- Tommy
Thank you Tommy! I have so so much to learn about forums, let alone CPs haha! But I'm very excited and eager to learn!

By FlyTrap Hunter
DeaNyx420 wrote:I'm new to forums as well as carnivorous plants. I've caught on pretty quick to growing CPs and have found a passion for it. I currently have two 2600 lumen CFL bulb for my light set up, I would appreciate any tips and tricks on good lightening set ups!

The CPs I currently have are as follows:

Drosera:

•Sp. Lantau Island (x4)
•Capensis (x3 + numerous seeds and cuttings I've been attempting to germinate and propagate)
•Madagascar (x1)
•Binata (x1)
•Capillaris 'Emerald's envy' (x1 + cuttings I'm attempting to propagate)

Nepenthes:

•Ventricosa (x1)
•Ventrata (x1)

I live in a Zone 5a so the majority of my gardening is indoors within the limited space of a spare storage room but I make the best of it.

I look forward to interacting further with you all and to expanding my collection and learning more!!

Happy New year's everyone! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I am assuming the first pic is Emerald's Envy from the tag... Do you have a picture of the Landau Island spatulata?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!