FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By altemar
I placed an order from the Flytrapstore.I was sent by Thursday. It was expected to be delivered to me today Saturday. USPS decided that they would send my package across the country to alabama first and than back to california. Well its almost 7pm and its still not even at the local USPS here in california
By KategoricalKarnivore
Yeah they are screwy sometimes. It should be fine though. The flytrap is dormant right now so it’s not that stressful and shouldn’t have any problem recovering once it gets to you.
By riveraXVX
yep USPS a constant annoyance and constant pleasure. we ship a lot of packages each year for my business and its all USPS -- its maddening at times but at the end of the day for the crazy service they are offering even as the prices continue climbing -- it beats driving it there myself any day.

luckily the weather isn't too extreme this time of year and most fly traps are dormant should be fine!
By altemar
Yeah I'm just like a little kid waiting for my presents. I just want to have them with me already.

P.s it has happened more than once. They lost a package once only to be found almost 2 weeks later. By then most of the plants were dead.
By nimbulan
This has been a very common problem for the past 6 months or so. It's always been an occasional issue, but has gotten far more frequent lately. Just be glad you don't have Nepenthes in that box.
By riveraXVX
I've noticed no huge shift in issues for our household shipping out about 40 packages a month currently on average, we get a lot of mail in also - about the only hiccups we've had the past year or so were mostly weather related

it does seem to wax and wane a bit though over time.
By nimbulan
I know I personally have had a ton of trouble since the end of September with almost no issues in my entire life prior to that. I've seen a dramatic increase in reports of problems in the CP community on Facebook as well, and have talked to nursery owners who have noticed the problems too.

That said, the incidence of problems may depend on where you live and where incoming mail is coming from. New York and California seem to be trouble spots right now.
By KategoricalKarnivore
Florida also seems to be having trouble these past few months. Anything I get or send to Florida has been taking a week or so.
By altemar
*update*
So I just checked and says that the package is delayed and will not be received on expected day.

Hopefully they didn't lose the package. :cry:
By boarderlib
I wouldn't worry to much, I've seen far more sensitive species survive long transits. I mean think about the group orders. They are boxed for over a week usually before they get to the host and then they are sent to the customers. There's a week and a half, and even after that I've left them sit in the bag on my fridge for another week. That's almost three weeks with no light source. They were all fine, and they were species neps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boarderlib liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
riveraXVX wrote:yep USPS it beats driving it there myself (yourself)any day.
thats what the postal guy told me too. :lol:
By Matt
This happens from time to time. It's not terribly common, thankfully. And, as others have stated, for the price USPS offers for delivery anywhere in the US, the frequency with which it happens is acceptable. We ship thousands of packages each year, and this probably happens to 10 or fewer packages. And, when it does happen, 99% of the time the package is delivered without any problems for the plants in the box. It's a bummer when it happens to you, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that USPS sucks :)
By altemar
Matt wrote:This happens from time to time. It's not terribly common, thankfully. And, as others have stated, for the price USPS offers for delivery anywhere in the US, the frequency with which it happens is acceptable. We ship thousands of packages each year, and this probably happens to 10 or fewer packages. And, when it does happen, 99% of the time the package is delivered without any problems for the plants in the box. It's a bummer when it happens to you, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that USPS sucks :)

Haha I know. They actually work really hard. I just wanted to look at my new plants. U know its like when u know ur getting something cool but u have to wait to open it. And all u want is to open that present at that moment. That's how I felt :lol:
By Matt
altemar wrote:Haha I know. They actually work really hard. I just wanted to look at my new plants. U know its like when u know ur getting something cool but u have to wait to open it. And all u want is to open that present at that moment. That's how I felt :lol:
Yep, I totally get it!!! :lol:

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!