FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By animalisterra
The bathroom window is facing south. There is a tall eucalyptus tree in front of it which diffuses the light at certain times of the day. People use the shower in the morning and at night. I currently have a N. Ventricosa, N. Spathulata x gymnaphora, and N. Talagensis x gladifunera. They are all small plants with no bigger than 9 inches from leaf to leaf. Will one of these work on the window? What other species might do well there? Also keep in mind that I am a beginner, so no very sensitive plants. :D
By Bhart90
Jamban loooks like a toilet. Get that 1
Bhart90 liked this
By Huntsmanshorn
animalisterra wrote:The bathroom window is facing south. There is a tall eucalyptus tree in front of it which diffuses the light at certain times of the day. People use the shower in the morning and at night. I currently have a N. Ventricosa, N. Spathulata x gymnaphora, and N. Talagensis x gladifunera. They are all small plants with no bigger than 9 inches from leaf to leaf. Will one of these work on the window? What other species might do well there? Also keep in mind that I am a beginner, so no very sensitive plants. :D
The ventricosa definitely and the Talagensis x gladifunera gets a maybe. Other Nepenthes that might do well are any of the intermediate Neps or crosses that lead to intermediates.
By Kenneth
Assuming they get good light and the temperature inside never drops to let’s say 60 degrees Fahrenheit any hybrid with a intermediate or highland parent plant should do nicely in there because of the humidity.
By optique
I have a small collection of easy growers trying to find what works best for me. So far Nepenthes maxima wavy BE-3543 seems to be the strongest pitcher grower inside my dry home in the winter. I keep it in a West window, seems to be more light than it needs notice the tan.

I have the clone that looks like
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!