FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Fly Trap Hunter
kidman
kidman
BBIqeRP.png (347.42 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
anybody see the Vanity Fair Video? She is getting eccentric in her older age. I suspect Keith has his hands full. :o btw I have always been a fan of Kidman. :roll:
By Bob Beer
What, you never tried any bugs? I recommend chapulines as a good place to start. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bob Beer liked this
By PitBulMom
GAK! I ain't eatin' no bugs! That is what my VFT"s and Drosera's are for! I am not takin' food out of their mouths! :))
PitBulMom, PitBulMom liked this
By evenwind
Bugs may be the most nutritious part of what we eat. Anyway, that's what I want to think, since we're eating them anyway.

For instance: In a regular-sized 16-ounce jar of peanut butter, the FDA will allow up to 136 insect fragments and four rodent hairs. Yum!
evenwind liked this
By Fly Trap Hunter
evenwind wrote:Bugs may be the most nutritious part of what we eat. Anyway, that's what I want to think, since we're eating them anyway.

For instance: In a regular-sized 16-ounce jar of peanut butter, the FDA will allow up to 136 insect fragments and four rodent hairs. Yum!
I feel so much better knowing this now.
Bob Beer quote
What, you never tried any bugs? I recommend chapulines as a good place to start.
I have to say, even after checking out google images of Chapulines, I'm not sure about the appeal.
taco
taco
Taco_de_chapulines_con_frijoles.jpg (214.04 KiB) Viewed 2426 times
i think i tried a chocolate covered grasshopper. and i ate a tiny soft shell crab, right out of the oyster shell. when i was young i ate some flowers and some dirt. :lol:
By Rammplins
Mmmmm, those pea crabs are delicious! As for that taco.......probably not so much, but i would still try a bite just to make sure. I mean, humans have been toasting grasshoppers with spices for like 3000 years. I feel like we should have stopped eating them by now If they taste terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Bob Beer
Fly Trap Hunter wrote:
evenwind wrote:Bugs may be the most nutritious part of what we eat. Anyway, that's what I want to think, since we're eating them anyway.

I feel so much better knowing this now.
Bob Beer quote
What, you never tried any bugs? I recommend chapulines as a good place to start.
I have to say, even after checking out google images of Chapulines, I'm not sure about the appeal.
Taco_de_chapulines_con_frijoles.jpg
i think i tried a chocolate covered grasshopper. and i ate a tiny soft shell crab, right out of the oyster shell. when i was young i ate some flowers and some dirt. :lol:
At Safeco Field you can buy them as snacks. With lots of chile and lime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Fly Trap Hunter
I was thinking about going to random people and ask them if they have any spare bugs to eat and see their reactions? :lol:

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!