FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Hugin
I just finished looking up hours worth of googling and reading on this subject to see that no one, I mean no one, talks about if we can simply feed our Sundew freeze dried bloodworms as freeze dried without rehydration. All found relevant information says to rehydrate to feed but never the reason as to why and what if we don't rehydrate. The only thing I found with an explanation was for Venus flytraps but what the reason I read does not apply to Sundews. Can anybody tell me if I can just feed my Sundew bloodworms in their freeze dried state without issues?
By DeaNyx420
Hugin wrote:I just finished looking up hours worth of googling and reading on this subject to see that no one, I mean no one, talks about if we can simply feed our Sundew freeze dried bloodworms as freeze dried without rehydration. All found relevant information says to rehydrate to feed but never the reason as to why and what if we don't rehydrate. The only thing I found with an explanation was for Venus flytraps but what the reason I read does not apply to Sundews. Can anybody tell me if I can just feed my Sundew bloodworms in their freeze dried state without issues?
I don't rehydrate mine and my Sundews don't mind it at all. Infact I didn't even know you could rehydrate the bloodworms.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
By Hugin
As I am understanding from the last two postings is that they can be fed dried whole or crushed and sprinkled. These are two confirmed methods that have no adverse affects for me to choose from. If there are adverse affects one over the other, I would like to know of course.

[edit]
I just realised the poster made a generalised comment and did not say he/she is feeding them dried whole or crushed. I will presume the poster meant dried whole unless the poster did not and says so, but my top post concern still stands. Unless there are adverse affects for choosing one over the other, I will decide on my liking.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!