FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
Hi everyone. I'm getting things together to build a fogger for a highland setup. I got the fogger(have to send it back came in broke), bucket and PC fan. I got a 120mm fan. Is that too big if so was size should I get? Afer I get the fogger setup should I make a vent hole in the tank to let fresh air in? Right now it at 99% RH with just the water from the plants.
By Rammplins
120mm is a little big, but it will still work. Thats what i had on mine untill my other fan came in. You may want to drop the voltage you run the fan at though, at full strength you might get some backflow causing some condensation on the fan.

And yes you should have a vent hole on your tank, but it doesn't need to too many/big. four or five holes in a square pattern, or hole of a similar size should do. Without them getting temp drops at night will be a little harder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
By Hungry Plants
Thank for the reply. Would a 90 mm fan be good? I can put the 120 in the tank and the 90 on the fogger or is that to big for the tank. I can order a new fan but would rather not if I don’t have to.
By Rammplins
Oh yeah, a 90mm will be perfect. Thats what i use in mine and it has been working perfectly so far. How big is your tank? 120mm may be a little too big but if you have some extra power supplies laying around you might be able to find one that will run it on a lower voltage. If it is a 12v fan if you find a power supply around 6 - 10v it should give enough juice to spin the fan, just alot slower. Just make sure the power supply has enough amps. (most should, fans dont take that much energy)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Rammplins liked this

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!