FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Frothy_Milk
I’m looking for some darlingtonia bare root. I can’t seem to find them in stock on any website so I came here. I would like the red version of it, but the normal version is fine. I don’t have many good plants to trade for but I have a lot of byblis liniflora seed. I could also buy them. Does anybody know a good source or have some for sale or trade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By kronos1996
His plants are beautiful, incredibly affordable and seem hardier then other stock. I just successfully overwintered my first Darlingtonia. I’m so excited. The key seems to be keeping them soaking wet all the time. They’re perfectly happy to sit in water.

By SundewWolf
kronos1996 wrote: I just successfully overwintered my first Darlingtonia.
How exactly did you overwinter it? I'm afraid of letting mine freeze solid for long periods, so I kept it in the garage until January, then brought it in under grow lights and have some new pitchers forming this week. I'll probably toss it outside again soon, and put it in the garage once it's getting below 30F.

Oh, and yeah, Phil (Man Eating Plants) is the guy. Pretty good sized divisions and they seem to grow better than divisions I have gotten from others. I forget if he's got mainly the coastal or mountain variety that's easier to grow, but it seems like it.
By kronos1996
SundewWolf wrote:
kronos1996 wrote: I just successfully overwintered my first Darlingtonia.
How exactly did you overwinter it? I'm afraid of letting mine freeze solid for long periods, so I kept it in the garage until January, then brought it in under grow lights and have some new pitchers forming this week. I'll probably toss it outside again soon, and put it in the garage once it's getting below 30F.

Oh, and yeah, Phil (Man Eating Plants) is the guy. Pretty good sized divisions and they seem to grow better than divisions I have gotten from others. I forget if he's got mainly the coastal or mountain variety that's easier to grow, but it seems like it.
I just left it outside with a watering tray. No special treatment. I live on the border of zone 7 and 8 so we have very mild winters. It’s the same planting zone they’re native too (VFT’s as well) which probably has had more to do with my success then anything i’ve done. The climate where i live is just exceptionally well suited to many CP’s. Very humid, intense light and hot summers and plentiful rainfall (generally) but with a cold enough winter to give them a good dormancy period. My VFT’s are so self-sufficient i barely have to care for them at all except during dry spells.

By boarderlib
Frothy_Milk wrote:I’m looking for some darlingtonia bare root. I can’t seem to find them in stock on any website so I came here. I would like the red version of it, but the normal version is fine. I don’t have many good plants to trade for but I have a lot of byblis liniflora seed. I could also buy them. Does anybody know a good source or have some for sale or trade?

I completely agree that Phil is the man, although I did just receive a plant from another phenomenal grower. I can check with him about his stock, if you would like? I attached a pic of said received plant.
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Phil is the man you want. He has what you need.

https://m.facebook.com/MEPNW/
Something about this sounds so illegalImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
boarderlib liked this
By Frothy_Milk
boarderlib wrote:
Frothy_Milk wrote:I’m looking for some darlingtonia bare root. I can’t seem to find them in stock on any website so I came here. I would like the red version of it, but the normal version is fine. I don’t have many good plants to trade for but I have a lot of byblis liniflora seed. I could also buy them. Does anybody know a good source or have some for sale or trade?

I completely agree that Phil is the man, although I did just receive a plant from another phenomenal grower. I can check with him about his stock, if you would like? I attached a pic of said received plant.
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:Phil is the man you want. He has what you need.

https://m.facebook.com/MEPNW/
Something about this sounds so illegalImageImage

Sorry that I’m very late to reply (I got a new job), but I would appreciate if you gave me the info to the seller and or website. Thanks.

By boarderlib
Frothy_Milk wrote:
Sorry that I’m very late to reply (I got a new job), but I would appreciate if you gave me the info to the seller and or website. Thanks.

That's quite alright, you can contact Mike Wang at meizzwang@gmail.com . I just spoke with him and he has some available. You can also contact Phil at his Facebook store here https://www.facebook.com/MEPNW/

Both are absolutely great guys to deal with and will take great care of you.

boarderlib liked this
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!