Patience

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling
evenwind

Patience

by evenwind » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:55 pm

Five weeks ago, as an experiment, I divided a batch of newly arrived D capensis seeds between two media - NZS and peat/sand. These were the first seeds I bought in a long time - thus the medium experiment.

Anyhow, time went by and I was getting a bit discouraged - the peat seemed lifeless and the NZS camouflaged anything that might be happening. I was getting close to giving up - shelf space is always at a premium around here. Today I found this:

Yay!
Attachments
P1090023a.JPG
P1090023a.JPG (84.37 KiB) Viewed 126 times
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin

Shadowtski
Super User

Re: Patience

by Shadowtski » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:06 pm

evenwind wrote:Five weeks ago, as an experiment, I divided a batch of newly arrived D capensis seeds between two media - NZS and peat/sand. These were the first seeds I bought in a long time - thus the medium experiment.

Anyhow, time went by and I was getting a bit discouraged - the peat seemed lifeless and the NZS camouflaged anything that might be happening. I was getting close to giving up - shelf space is always at a premium around here. Today I found this:

Yay!

Congratulation!

I usually expect 4 - 6 weeks for Drosera germination under normal room temperature and growing conditions.

Your seedlings are looking good.

Good growing,
Mike

The following users would like to thank Shadowtski for this post
evenwind

Return to Seeds, seedlings, divisions and leaf pullings